News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Super-Complex Organic Molecules Found in Interstellar Space

Started by Tank, June 21, 2010, 09:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Super-Complex Organic Molecules Found in Interstellar Space

QuoteScienceDaily (June 21, 2010) â€" A team of scientists from the Instituto Astrofísica de Canarias (IAC) and the University of Texas has succeeded in identifying one of the most complex organic molecules yet found in the material between the stars, the so-called interstellar medium. The discovery of anthracene could help resolve a decades-old astrophysical mystery concerning the production of organic molecules in space...
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

cerror

This is really neat. It really makes you ponder the possibility of perhaps some sort of radiotrophic organisms living in space.

Will

I was wondering where I put my pair of complex organic molecules.
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

karadan

QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.

Faradaympp

"It's ironic that a god who created intelligent beings would want their blind devotion."-Anonymous

CAUTION-Staring at burning bushes may cause blindness. ;)

Cite134

Quote from: "Faradaympp"Wow, panspermia theorists must be jumping at this.

lol I know right?
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence" - Carl Sagan.

Ellainix

Quote from: "Will"
I was wondering where I put my pair of complex organic molecules.
At last, after two thousand years of research, the illudium Q-36 explosive space modulator. At last...
Quote from: "Ivan Tudor C McHock"If your faith in god is due to your need to explain the origin of the universe, and you do not apply this same logic to the origin of god, then you are an idiot.