News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Where did you get your username from?

Started by xSilverPhinx, June 19, 2010, 02:29:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Sweetdeath

Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Amicale

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

corgilover

Quote from: Amicale on April 06, 2012, 07:28:45 AM
J Tiggle. For Tigger, of course!

The wonderful thing about Tiggers, is Tiggers a wonderthing thing! Their tops are made of rubber, their bottoms are made out of spring!

SEMO FREE THINKER

:-[ I'm embarassed to say that My username comes from the part of the country where I live, Southeast Missouri near the "bootheel" of the state.  I like to think of SEMO as the hole on the belt of the bible belt.  You cannot turn around without someone praising Jesus or asking if you have taken him as your personal savior.  I was dragged to church every sunday until I was age 12 when i refused and was too big to be dragged to the car by my mother.  I don't think anyone in the area even knows what a "free thinker" is.  I try to just ignore it but sometimes I just POP and lose my temper with my friends and their delusions.  My friend just a couple of weeks ago said that schools these days don't teach anyone about logical thinking anymore.  AND THIS WAS AFTER SHE HAD JUST PRAYED OVER OUR FOOD!... I thought to myself, "Well that is certainly ironic" but I knew she wouldn't see the humor.  Sometimes I feel very alone here in my religious swamp.

Tank

Quote from: SEMO FREE THINKER on April 08, 2012, 09:18:57 PM
:-[ I'm embarassed to say that My username comes from the part of the country where I live, Southeast Missouri near the "bootheel" of the state.  I like to think of SEMO as the hole on the belt of the bible belt.  You cannot turn around without someone praising Jesus or asking if you have taken him as your personal savior.  I was dragged to church every sunday until I was age 12 when i refused and was too big to be dragged to the car by my mother.  I don't think anyone in the area even knows what a "free thinker" is.  I try to just ignore it but sometimes I just POP and lose my temper with my friends and their delusions.  My friend just a couple of weeks ago said that schools these days don't teach anyone about logical thinking anymore.  AND THIS WAS AFTER SHE HAD JUST PRAYED OVER OUR FOOD!... I thought to myself, "Well that is certainly ironic" but I knew she wouldn't see the humor.  Sometimes I feel very alone here in my religious swamp.

:D I'm just loving the image that makes!!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

canadianlam

I was adopted as a child. My original name was L**** A** M*** S******. Ergo, canadianlam.

BonaireBound

I am in love with the island of Bonaire and hope to retire there someday. So everything I do lately is with that goal in mind. And so....in my mind....I am....Bonaire bound.

Tank

Quote from: BonaireBound on April 11, 2012, 06:28:12 PM
I am in love with the island of Bonaire and hope to retire there someday. So everything I do lately is with that goal in mind. And so....in my mind....I am....Bonaire bound.
That sounds like a life plan to focus on.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

technolud

Technology + Luddite = Technolud

I'm a mechanical engineer, sometimes wonder if we'd all be better off living in the forest.

Tank

Quote from: technolud on April 13, 2012, 05:53:52 PM

I'm a mechanical engineer, sometimes wonder if we'd all be better off living in the forest.
Unfortunately our ancestors left the forests a million or so years ago  :(

Sweetdeath

Really nice to meet all the new members~ :D
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

technolud

You don't know my family.  I think it might have been more like a couple of hundred years.

Tank

Quote from: technolud on April 13, 2012, 06:18:34 PM
You don't know my family.  I think it might have been more like a couple of hundred years.
Well it's a start.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: technolud on April 13, 2012, 05:53:52 PM

Sometimes I wish for a simpler life, but not that simple! :P
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey