News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Where did you get your username from?

Started by xSilverPhinx, June 19, 2010, 02:29:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amicale

Quote from: Beachdragon on February 29, 2012, 07:35:58 PM
I love the beach...and I've been a dragon fan for decades.  It works together.  I like the idea of a dragon having a vacation on a beach somewhere.  Wearing sunglasses.

In that case, you must be a fan of Pete's Dragon, either the book or the movie.  ;D http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076538/

And look at the cool deviant art picture I found: dragons on a beach wearing sunglasses! http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/167/5/e/On_a_dragon_beach_by_xXgunderXx.jpg

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Forsaken

Hmm... No specific reason. I did have a fantasy for Gothic culture a few years back and used the name Forsaken to register on a Goth community. Got used to the name and here I am :)

MorneDJ

When I signed up I thought of using my old handle, that has been with me for the last 16 years. It is Booswig, but unlike the name, I have evolved a bit through the years, and do not like the negative connotation associated with it in South Africa.

The origin of the nickname stems from my early gaming years (DukeNukem, Quake), where my friend used to scream "booswig!!" everytime I fragged him. After a while people started calling my that at LANs, and I adopted the nickname. It has been with me for the last 14 of the 16 years, but, I have found that the nickname actually bothers me, and, since I really do not care for anonymity or weird names, I started using my real name and abbreviation of my surname as my nickname/handle.

Post 1+ ....
I am a right-wing, conservative, agnostic scientist who thinks that the spotted owl taste like chicken ...

Tom62

Quote from: MorneDJ on March 12, 2012, 06:03:25 AM
When I signed up I thought of using my old handle, that has been with me for the last 16 years. It is Booswig, but unlike the name, I have evolved a bit through the years, and do not like the negative connotation associated with it in South Africa.

The origin of the nickname stems from my early gaming years (DukeNukem, Quake), where my friend used to scream "booswig!!" everytime I fragged him. After a while people started calling my that at LANs, and I adopted the nickname. It has been with me for the last 14 of the 16 years, but, I have found that the nickname actually bothers me, and, since I really do not care for anonymity or weird names, I started using my real name and abbreviation of my surname as my nickname/handle.

Post 1+ ....
I like Booswig though.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Augustus

My username comes from Caesar Augustus, the first emperor of Rome.
Why? Why the hell not ;)

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Augustus on March 21, 2012, 12:47:12 PM
Why? Why the hell not ;)

Because he was an evil bastard which is pretty bad, but being a pretend Caesar is just so fucking sad.

Buddy

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on March 21, 2012, 01:50:20 PM
Why? Why the hell not ;)

Because he was an evil bastard which is pretty bad, but being a pretend Caesar is just so fucking sad.

I thought it was Augustus who brought Rome to its glory.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Augustus

Quote from: Budhorse4 on March 21, 2012, 02:03:21 PM
Why? Why the hell not ;)

I thought it was Augustus who brought Rome to its glory.

Out of the Caesar's Augustus was the best one, Tiberius was more of a tyrant, Gaius (Caligula) was batshit insane and Claudius was easily manipulated although he did alot right. Augustus is widely regarded as the Greatest ruler the Empire ever had.

xSilverPhinx

It seems I asked too soon on your introduction thread :D
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

Why? Why the hell not ;)

Look 'spotted dick' stop picking in the n00bs!  ;)
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Amicale

Why? Why the hell not ;)

He's a poet and he darn well does know it.

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

Hector Valdez

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: The Semaestro on March 23, 2012, 08:37:12 PM
Meh. Marcus Aurelius was better.

He was overshadowed by Russell Crowe in the Gladiator ;)
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Hector Valdez

"playing legionare are we?"
"No! I'm playing gladiator! I'm Maximus, the Savior of Rome!"
(beat)
"Savior of Rome...? Who...told you that?"

Awesome Scene.

Amicale

Quote from: The Semaestro on March 23, 2012, 08:48:46 PM
"playing legionare are we?"
"No! I'm playing gladiator! I'm Maximus, the Savior of Rome!"
(beat)
"Savior of Rome...? Who...told you that?"

Awesome Scene.

Whenever I see your username, for some reason I keep thinking of the word Semester mixed in with Maestro. Which only makes sense if you're in a school concert performance.  :D