News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Where did you get your username from?

Started by xSilverPhinx, June 19, 2010, 02:29:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xXxWashburnxXx

I was an amateur guitarist when i created my first username that didn't pertain to the website, forum or game it related to, and my favorite guitar was a Washburn. "Washburn" was already taken so I added the xXxs on the end. After that I started to become known as "Washburn" on the interwebz... and it stuck.
Evolution is JUST a theory. Ya know, like gravity!

Guardian85

Quote from: Sweetdeath on September 03, 2011, 07:54:05 AM
Quote from: Guardian85 on September 02, 2011, 09:09:57 PM
I work in security, hence "Guardian" (Deep, I know!)
85 because there were other Guardians out there.

Hey!  What happened to Guardians 1-84??? T_T

Well, if number 85 is a ninja sniper, what do you think?  :P

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

faalsekafaasla

I read this phrase in a book in my college days, dont remember the name. i liked it and so used it.
It roughly means the distance between a decision. Like "to be or not to be" either yes or no.
Something like that if you can understand.

Tank

Quote from: faalsekafaasla on January 26, 2012, 12:59:28 PM
I read this phrase in a book in my college days, dont remember the name. i liked it and so used it.
It roughly means the distance between a decision. Like "to be or not to be" either yes or no.
Something like that if you can understand.
It's a bit of a 'tongue twister'  ;D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Mocha Chief

Lol all my Forum names have been Mocha Chief, after my XBL Gamertag.

My name is a variation of a filler. It originally had no definition nor any meaning. Over time, I have personally added to the meaning of 957. In 2010, I found out that it was a euphemism for crystal meth. I was not happy.  >:(

Asmodean

Quote from: 957 on February 01, 2012, 11:49:15 AM
My name is a variation of a filler. It originally had no definition nor any meaning. Over time, I have personally added to the meaning of 957. In 2010, I found out that it was a euphemism for crystal meth. I was not happy.  >:(
How works? Something to do with police codes or some such?
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

54Quix45

My User Name means absolutely nothing to me. I took the quix part from the name of a company that I liked the name of. I have no idea why I chose the 54 and 45 part. Probably because I like symmetry. This is only my first time using this user name. Normally I use a different one.

Amicale

Quote from: Asmodean on February 01, 2012, 11:51:09 AM
Quote from: 957 on February 01, 2012, 11:49:15 AM
How works? Something to do with police codes or some such?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=957

You learn something new every day. Up to now, I wasn't aware of the link to KITH's Brain Candy, and I'd never heard 957 used as a term to describe crystal meth. Thankfully, it doesn't seem to be in common parlance.

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Reprobate

My user name was the way I was addressed by a sociology professor who was also an ordained Presbyterian minister. When I looked it up, I thought that it seemed fair.

En_Route

Some ideas are so stupid only an intellectual could believe them (Orwell).

statichaos

I've always been interested in dichotomies, contradictions, and the nature of duality.  After reading The Illuminatus Trilogy as a teenager, I was especially interested in the roles that chaos and order play in our lives, and continued to be for years afterwards.  Therefore, I came up with "static chaos", or "statichaos" because I got my first email address when that all lower-case thing was cool, and it sounded neat.  Now it's just too late to change it, since this is how everyone knows me.

plasticman

I think one of the coolest super powers in fiction, if not THE coolest super power, is the ability to stretch and form the body into various positions and objects.

Of course, there are others that I think are great: intangability, invulnerability, invisibility, and telekinesis ("Use the FORCE Luke!")

I thought to myself: "How can you incorporate all of these attributes into a character without screwing up the plot of the story?" Clearly someone with all of these abilities combined would seem to be stuck on "GOD MODE" all of the time and in effect take away from the story, or make it difficult for the pitiful mortal reading/viewing such a story to connect with the character on a personal level. Thats when it hit me.

HUMOR is the key!

All of these types of attributes together in a serious character would flat out ruin a story, as such a character could lay waste to any difficulties within a story that are made to show boundaries, and therefore any sense of humanity. Humor is definitely the key. I began to think "which character has these attributes, or something cloes to them", and remembered back on my youth watching the Plastic Man comedy hour as a kid in the late 70's. Sure, Plastic Man isnt REALLY intangible, but he can shrink to one inch high and duck into cracks and crevices. Plastic Man is damn near invulnerable. Bat Man even once said he was the most powerful member of The Justice League and would more than likely be able to survive a direct impact by a thermo nuclear device. In a sense, Plastic Man can never truly die or be destroyed. Plastic Man cannot become invisible, but how visible is a one inch tall Plastic Man? Plastic Man neither has telekinesis, yet instead of using his mind to grab something from far away, all he needs to do is reach his arm out and grab it. He can even morph his hand to become big enough to grab massive things and even enhance his strenght to be able to lift such things. Plastic Man can swell to gigantic sizes, rivaling sky scrapers and still retaining his invulnerability and stretching power. To top it off, he has a humans level of humor and failings to allow us puny mortals to connect with him.
Now reverendjeremiah

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: plasticman on February 24, 2012, 07:50:56 PM
All of these types of attributes together in a serious character would flat out ruin a story, as such a character could lay waste to any difficulties within a story that are made to show boundaries, and therefore any sense of humanity. Humor is definitely the key. I began to think "which character has these attributes, or something cloes to them", and remembered back on my youth watching the Plastic Man comedy hour as a kid in the late 70's. Sure, Plastic Man isnt REALLY intangible, but he can shrink to one inch high and duck into cracks and crevices. Plastic Man is damn near invulnerable. Bat Man even once said he was the most powerful member of The Justice League and would more than likely be able to survive a direct impact by a thermo nuclear device. In a sense, Plastic Man can never truly die or be destroyed. Plastic Man cannot become invisible, but how visible is a one inch tall Plastic Man? Plastic Man neither has telekinesis, yet instead of using his mind to grab something from far away, all he needs to do is reach his arm out and grab it. He can even morph his hand to become big enough to grab massive things and even enhance his strenght to be able to lift such things. Plastic Man can swell to gigantic sizes, rivaling sky scrapers and still retaining his invulnerability and stretching power. To top it off, he has a humans level of humor and failings to allow us puny mortals to connect with him.

You certainly make a good case for Plastic Man ;D
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Beachdragon

I love the beach...and I've been a dragon fan for decades.  It works together.  I like the idea of a dragon having a vacation on a beach somewhere.  Wearing sunglasses.