News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Where did you get your username from?

Started by xSilverPhinx, June 19, 2010, 02:29:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

launion

it is my current  provincial domicile  which i picked because  i doubt if there are too many correspondents living in La Union posting here so i thought no problem with double ups '

any philipino or phil expats here

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: launion on December 05, 2011, 11:59:11 PM
it is my current  provincial domicile  which i picked because  i doubt if there are too many correspondents living in La Union posting here so i thought no problem with double ups '

any philipino or phil expats here

I think wildfire_emissary is philipino, but he doesn't post here that much...
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

IcyBabe

My username comes from my ice skating hobby.

I did ballet for eight years growing up and also happen to LOVE cold weather so I figured that was a fantastic way to combine the two....then I got out on the ice and realized how friggin hard it is so it's moreso a recreation thing than an actual drive to figure skate, I enjoy it none the less.  It's just exhilerating being out there on the ice, I love it :)

not your typical...

Quote from: IcyBabe on December 07, 2011, 10:29:17 PM

I did ballet for eight years growing up and also happen to LOVE cold weather so I figured that was a fantastic way to combine the two....then I got out on the ice and realized how friggin hard it is so it's moreso a recreation thing than an actual drive to figure skate, I enjoy it none the less.  It's just exhilerating being out there on the ice, I love it :)
Cool! ;D Welcome to HAF!
"Accepting the truth and keeping faith is a strong thing to do. Mixing the two however, is the dumbest thing you've ever attempted." - Radical Ostriches Bringing Eternal Requiem Tonight
Advocate for the abnormal.

IcyBabe

Quote from: not your typical... on December 07, 2011, 10:37:30 PM

Cool! ;D Welcome to HAF!

Thanks so much :)

not your typical...

Quote from: IcyBabe on December 07, 2011, 11:11:01 PM
Quote from: not your typical... on December 07, 2011, 10:37:30 PM

Cool! ;D Welcome to HAF!
Thanks so much :)
No prob. ;D It's great to have more young vibrant characters to help keep the old people awake and a bit less serious. :)
"Accepting the truth and keeping faith is a strong thing to do. Mixing the two however, is the dumbest thing you've ever attempted." - Radical Ostriches Bringing Eternal Requiem Tonight

Buddy

Quote from: not your typical... on December 07, 2011, 11:29:37 PM

No prob. ;D It's great to have more young vibrant characters to help keep the old people awake and a bit less serious. :)

It's a tough job but somebody has to do it  ;D
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

not your typical...

Quote from: Budhorse4 on December 07, 2011, 11:34:21 PM
Quote from: not your typical... on December 07, 2011, 11:29:37 PM

It's a tough job but somebody has to do it  ;D
I think we're not doing too bad. We could be a lot more boring! ;D

MadBomr101

Way back in the 90s when the internet was young and so was I, I found my way into an early Xian forum where a handful of atheists were regularly debating God with the faithful who all seemed to have happy, uplifting names like "GodsLove57" or "JesusIsLord" or "Saved1."  I chose to make a name that made it clear I was not one of them.  That was an awesome forum and I have a lot of fond memories of the lively discussions we all had. 

As a sidenote, I became good online friends with a Xian woman there who took a shine to me.  She would reguarly ask me my opinion on things going on in her life and she never tried to "save"me.  I always thought it was nice and a little puzzling that she had reached out to an atheist for friendship in a forum filled with Xians.  I asked her why once and she told me it was because most Xians seemd to always reference scripture when discussing anything with her and she felt like I just talked to her like a regular person.  She didn't always want to be preached to or reminded of God's expectations of her and I never did any of that.
- Bomr
I'm waiting for the movie of my life to be made.  It should cost about $7.23 and that includes the budget for special effects.

mjolnir

Mjolnir is Thor's hammer. It's my username, because, much like Thor, I'm a badass.

Crocoduck

I think many if not all people around here know of the Crocoduck. My username is a tribute to Kirk Cameron, the great thinker and side kick to Ray "Banana Man" Comfort. ::)

As we all know, the miracle of fishes and loaves is only scientifically explainable through the medium of casseroles
Dobermonster
However some of the jumped up jackasses do need a damn good kicking. Not that they will respond to the kicking but just to show they can be kicked
Some dude in a Tank

Tank

Quote from: Crocoduck on December 09, 2011, 07:33:59 AM
I think many if not all people around here know of the Crocoduck. My username is a tribute to Kirk Cameron, the great thinker and side kick to Ray "Banana Man" Comfort. ::)

I see you know your creationists! I think we can guess what your avatar will be.  :)
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Crocoduck

Quote from: Tank on December 09, 2011, 09:26:33 AM

I see you know your creationists! I think we can guess what your avatar will be.  :)

Well he's just so darn transitional and cute.
As we all know, the miracle of fishes and loaves is only scientifically explainable through the medium of casseroles
Dobermonster
However some of the jumped up jackasses do need a damn good kicking. Not that they will respond to the kicking but just to show they can be kicked
Some dude in a Tank

Tank

Quote from: Crocoduck on December 09, 2011, 12:22:38 PM

I'd flip him horizontally so he's looking at your posts rather than off the screen. Yes I am a pedant  ;D

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Crocoduck

Quote from: Tank on December 09, 2011, 12:29:31 PM
Quote from: Crocoduck on December 09, 2011, 12:22:38 PM

I'd flip him horizontally so he's looking at your posts rather than off the screen. Yes I am a pedant  ;D

Thanks mate, that is better.
Dobermonster
Some dude in a Tank