News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Where did you get your username from?

Started by xSilverPhinx, June 19, 2010, 02:29:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

not your typical...

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on November 19, 2011, 03:34:05 AM
That's an interesting question.
What would a cat do if a small meal sized animal started rubbing itself against it whilst making a whiny noise?
Ummm, MP, what's going on over there?  :o
"Accepting the truth and keeping faith is a strong thing to do. Mixing the two however, is the dumbest thing you've ever attempted." - Radical Ostriches Bringing Eternal Requiem Tonight
Advocate for the abnormal.

The Magic Pudding

Tank

Quote from: DefJack on November 19, 2011, 01:36:52 AM
First three letters of last name, first four of firstname.
Glad to read that, I was thinking of a way to politly find out if you were deaf!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

Quote from: Tank on November 19, 2011, 11:10:52 AM
Glad to read that, I was thinking of a way to politly find out if you were deaf!
Next time, ask me and I'll sort out the information gathering for you. Asmo can be disgustingly politically correct when required  ;D
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

Quote from: Asmodean on November 19, 2011, 11:25:02 AM
Quote from: Tank on November 19, 2011, 11:10:52 AM
Next time, ask me and I'll sort out the information gathering for you. Asmo can be disgustingly politically correct when required  ;D
Will do  :D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Pharaoh Cat

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on November 19, 2011, 03:34:05 AM
What would a cat do if a small meal sized animal started rubbing itself against it whilst making a whiny noise?

Well,  mine would probably play with the little creature, because she gets her food handed to her in a bowl.  8)

"The Logic Elf rewards anyone who thinks logically."  (Jill)

not your typical...

Asmo? Politically correct? What is the world coming to?!  ;)
"Accepting the truth and keeping faith is a strong thing to do. Mixing the two however, is the dumbest thing you've ever attempted." - Radical Ostriches Bringing Eternal Requiem Tonight

Asmodean

Quote from: not your typical... on November 29, 2011, 09:11:17 PM
Well, I can be. I can also be "Dude, you deaf?" kind of blunthammer. I prefer it, in fact.  ;D
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

not your typical...

Quote from: Asmodean on November 29, 2011, 11:11:45 PM
Quote from: not your typical... on November 29, 2011, 09:11:17 PM
Well, I can be. I can also be "Dude, you deaf?" kind of blunthammer. I prefer it, in fact.  ;D
As do I. Who cares about political niceties when in all honesty, they cause more headaches than being straight forward.

Asmodean

Quote from: not your typical... on November 29, 2011, 11:49:13 PM
As do I. Who cares about political niceties when in all honesty, they cause more headaches than being straight forward.
Well, it may not seem like it, but I am quite well-attuned to diplomacy and there are situations when such is called for. Especially when you need to talk yourself or a third party out of something or gain something.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

not your typical...

Quote from: Asmodean on November 29, 2011, 11:51:48 PM
Well, it may not seem like it, but I am quite well-attuned to diplomacy and there are situations when such is called for. Especially when you need to talk yourself or a third party out of something or gain something.
In that case it's understandable, but most of the time, it's a hassle. i recall once in school, my teacher wrote a guy up because he called me black. She said, "No one is black. Black is a color. She's African American." Eventually It worked it's way up the chain of commands and the principle told her that she was being ridiculous. I agreed. And it's not that you don't seem like you could be politically correct, it's just that you don't seem like the kind of person to care enough about them. Ftw, right? :)

Asmodean

Quote from: not your typical... on November 29, 2011, 11:57:47 PM
And it's not that you don't seem like you could be politically correct, it's just that you don't seem like the kind of person to care enough about them.
That there is quite correct.  ;D
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

not your typical...

Quote from: Asmodean on November 30, 2011, 01:41:33 AM
Quote from: not your typical... on November 29, 2011, 11:57:47 PM
And it's not that you don't seem like you could be politically correct, it's just that you don't seem like the kind of person to care enough about them.
That there is quite correct.  ;D
Yay. I know something factual about Asmo, besides that he is a gray lump.

lmbarre

My username, lmbarre, is taken from my name, Lloyd Milton Barre'
puppet

Asmodean

In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.