News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Where did you get your username from?

Started by xSilverPhinx, June 19, 2010, 02:29:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amppax

Mine is pretty simple. my initials are amp, and i'm a fan of peace (pax being the latin word for peace)

TeresaBenedicta

Quote from: amppax on May 06, 2011, 07:14:26 PM
Mine is pretty simple. my initials are amp, and i'm a fan of peace (pax being the latin word for peace)

I was thinking of some sort of energy drink ;)
All men by nature desire to know. -Aristotle

The study of philosophy does not mean to learn what others have thought but to learn what is the truth of things. -St. Thomas Aquinas

Aurora Borealis

Asmodean

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Will37

Quote from: Asmodean on May 07, 2011, 11:33:02 AM
Quote from: Aurora Borealis on May 07, 2011, 11:17:41 AM
Mine came from the sky...   ;)
Goddidit, in other words, yes?  :P

God gave me my screen name.  The origional story I told was bullshit.
'Out of a great number of suppositions, shrewd in their own way, one in particular emerged at last (one feels strange even mentioning it): whether Chichikov were not Napoleon in disguise'
Nikolai Gogol--> Dead Souls

'Коба, зачем тебе нужна моя смерть?'
Николай Иванович Бухарин-->Letter to Stalin

'Death is not an event in life: we do not live to exp

Lizarda

i got mine in 2005 :D i use to watch this weird British sketchshow called "Jam" and there was this charachter who called himself Mr Lizard, so kinda got it from there haha
"was it a big bang, or was there nothing else to drown out the noise" - Karl Pilkington

Will37

Quote from: TeresaBenedicta on May 06, 2011, 09:12:03 PM
Quote from: amppax on May 06, 2011, 07:14:26 PM

I was thinking of some sort of energy drink ;)

'Out of a great number of suppositions, shrewd in their own way, one in particular emerged at last (one feels strange even mentioning it): whether Chichikov were not Napoleon in disguise'
Nikolai Gogol--> Dead Souls

'Коба, зачем тебе нужна моя смерть?'
Николай Иванович Бухарин-->Letter to Stalin

'Death is not an event in life: we do not live to exp

PapistItalian16

Quote from: Cecilie on May 05, 2011, 06:34:57 AM
I never got why people have a favorite number... What makes that particular number better than other numbers? Is it your birthday or something?

Yup.
River: (speaking about the Bible) "It's broken. It doesn't make sense."
Shepherd Book: "It's not about making sense. It's about believing in something, and letting that belief be real enough to change your life. It's about faith. You don't fix faith, River. It fixes you."

-- Firefly.

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

original_gender

I used an online application that generates random word pairings.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: original_gender on June 26, 2011, 05:03:34 AM
I used an online application that generates random word pairings.

Random Generator sounds a good name.
Arthur Dent's daughter is called Random.

Sweetdeath

The name of a fictional all girl punk band in an Roleplay with my best friend. I came up with the name and it just stuck with me. :D
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

absurdsolidarity

The "absurd" part comes from Albert Camus' idea that our existence has no meaning, so our lives are absurd and it is up to us to give them meaning.  The solidarity part comes from the nature of the human condition and how everyone is really trying to cope with the same absurd life.

I love reading about existentialism, but sadly I can't explain it as eloquently as the authors can.
"The Bible's blind, the Torah's deaf, the Qur'an is mute.  If you burned them all together you'd be close to the truth." - Bright Eyes

Shy

I usually use ShyGrl2408 that I started using yeeears ago when I first got the internet and wanted to see a chatroom, but may not talk much cause I am shy, or was.

Some parts of it change from place to place.

CHI83

I usually go on the internet with a username IHC38, for security reasons I scrambled it around to CHI83. Btw IHC is my intials.