News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

World Cup

Started by Tank, June 12, 2010, 07:38:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

England 1 USA 0 @3:38  :D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

McQ

Quote from: "Tank"England 1 USA 0 @3:38  :D

Better hope history doesn't repeat itself.  :D
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Cecilie

Since Norway's not in the World Cup ( :bananacolor:
The world's what you create.

Tom62

Quote from: "Cecilie"Since Norway's not in the World Cup ( :bananacolor:
Oh no, I sure hope that they loose against the Netherlands next Monday.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Cecilie

Quote from: "Tom62"
Quote from: "Cecilie"Since Norway's not in the World Cup ( :bananacolor:
Oh no, I sure hope that they loose against the Netherlands next Monday.
Well, I don't really care all that much who wins. The only team I'm a supporter of is Brann (and Norway obviously). I'm a huge patriot when it comes to sport.  :P

curiosityandthecat

Just in case anybody missed it. I bet he'll be losing sleep for a long, long time.

[youtube:3o4wah20]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXG6jKTaTBE[/youtube:3o4wah20]
-Curio

TheJackel

Quote from: "curiosityandthecat"Just in case anybody missed it. I bet he'll be losing sleep for a long, long time.

[youtube:1fa0ddqm]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXG6jKTaTBE[/youtube:1fa0ddqm]

Yeah, it was as bad as the USA giving up a Goal in the first 45 seconds of the game :P.. You have to give it to both Goal Tenders for some of the amazing saves they had in that game.. Though I worried that if England had lost that game, we would see London Bridges falling down and England on fire from a ravaging pissed off English Mob. :P

Big Mac

So what does it mean that we tied with England?

I'm confused on this more than learning the Metric System.
Quote from: "PoopShoot"And what if pigs shit candy?

Tank

Damn new ball design Too slippery
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Cecilie

Is this where we have to explain to the Americans what offside is?

Tanker

I find it ironic that America consistantly puts forth world class soccer players (football) yet as a nation remain about as apathethic to the sport as I would guess the world is towords America football (the rugby like one). Underfunded and pretty underapreciated and they still have the ability to piss off the world by being a top tier team.
"I'd rather die the go to heaven" - William Murderface Murderface  Murderface-

I've been in fox holes, I'm still an atheist -Me-

God is a cake, and we all know what the cake is.

(my spelling, grammer, and punctuation suck, I know, but regardless of how much I read they haven't improved much since grade school. It's actually a bit of a family joke.

McQ

Quote from: "Cecilie"Is this where we have to explain to the Americans what offside is?

No thanks. We can still win without knowing. Or caring.
 :D
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Tank

Quote from: "Tanker"I find it ironic that America consistantly puts forth world class soccer players (football) yet as a nation remain about as apathethic to the sport as I would guess the world is towords America football (the rugby like one). Underfunded and pretty underapreciated and they still have the ability to piss off the world by being a top tier team.
If America really got stuck into soccer it would undoubtedly become a world beater. Given the population x the resources x the attitude = huge potential!

pinkocommie

Quote from: "McQ"
Quote from: "Cecilie"Is this where we have to explain to the Americans what offside is?

No thanks. We can still win without knowing. Or caring.
 :D
Ubi dubium ibi libertas: Where there is doubt, there is freedom.
http://alliedatheistalliance.blogspot.com/

Tank