News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

"Our time on Earth is a test"

Started by Log10, June 12, 2010, 11:15:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Log10

(No rant or troll, I just...don't get it  :hmm:

If God/Allah/Jehovah is all knowing, can see the past, the present and the future. Why does he need to TEST us?
Wouldn't an all mighty deity know the outcome of every single humans test anyway? Don't some say that God created every human and he's always everywhere.
Shouldn't he know whether or not you're a good person the moment your mother is impregnated? Why our time on earth then? And why does he need to test
his own creation? That would make sense if he was human, humans need to pull their stuff through a couple of tests to make sure there are no bugs.
But God is perfect, he is all mighty, shouldn't he get his crap straight the first time? And if he needs to see whether or not we choose the "dark side",
wouldn't that mean that we have something dark inside us to begin with? Why? If God only wants us to be good, why did he give us the ability to be evil?
Humans are the only species that are able to kill another member of their species just for fun. Animals don't do that. A dog doesn't bite another one
just because he was feeling psycho that day. And since he's got endless powers, why doesn't he just create a pure-good-species and only heaven? And let them live there for the end of time being happy?

What about people "God strikes down"? Some hardcore Religious people (like Phelps) claim that if someone is hopeless God will kill them,
with a flood/tornado/volcano etc...
What?! Let's say there's a 21 year old girl, a satanist. God took her life. Is that fair? Who knows maybe she was going to convert the Christianity on her
22nd birthday! But God didn't give her the chance to set her life straight. May it be because he already saw her future and knew she wouldn't?
Then why doesn't he use his future seeing powers on everyone? If this were even remotely true Earths population would fall to a couple hundred thousand.

I don't know, I just don't get it. They say God is everywhere and he knows everything. Doesn't make sense we have to prove ourselves then.
Naah.. God wants fun. He's lonely. He wants to watch us like gladiators in a ring and someday he'll either point his thumb up or down.

I think I exceeded the maximum number of questions per post, sorry about that, maybe someone can explain this situation to me :D
I'd rather worship Satan. At least then I'm not fooled into thinking I'm worshiping a "loving" God.

Tank

One has to remember that with no evidence anything can be assumed. So why would one thing be assumed over some other thing? Greed, power, and exploitation by people who are greedy, dominating and exploitative. If person 'A' can make person 'B' give them money and gift them power person 'A' is going to take it. You don't need many A class bastards to rule millions of B class sheep (why do you think they're called a flock?). Any story that the masses will swallow will do, if you don't believe me just watch the adverts you see on TV for a while  ;)
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Gawen

Quote from: "Log10"--"Earth is just the place between heaven and hell and it is gods way of giving us the chance to prove ourselves worthy of heaven"

I diplomatically changed the subject to Mortal Kombat.
Good call.

QuoteIf God/Allah/Jehovah is all knowing, can see the past, the present and the future. Why does he need to TEST us?
He doesn't. But theists say he does.

QuoteBut God is perfect, he is all mighty, shouldn't he get his crap straight the first time? And if he needs to see whether or not we choose the "dark side", wouldn't that mean that we have something dark inside us to begin with? Why? If God only wants us to be good, why did he give us the ability to be evil?
PoE...and the inconsistency of an omniscient god.

I have been known to say...

"Your god cannot logically exist. And if what you say is true, he's a real asshat"
The essence of the mind is not in what it thinks, but how it thinks. Faith is the surrender of our mind; of reason and our skepticism to put all our trust or faith in someone or something that has no good evidence of itself. That is a sinister thing to me. Of all the supposed virtues, faith is not.
"When you fall, I will be there" - Floor

Joe Klooski

Are you suggesting that the christian 'god' is trying to throw people in hell on purpose and to get a chuckle out of it?

Oh, and whenever I hear that phrase "Our time on Earth is just a test" I just want to slap the mouth that spewed up those words of nonsense.
Lets face the facts here rather than resorting to stupidity

KDbeads

Life is a test, it is only a test.  Had it been an actual life there would have been responsibility required for one's actions.

[/sarcasm]
 ;)
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. - Douglas Adams

Log10

Quote from: "Joe Klooski"Are you suggesting that the christian 'god' is trying to throw people in hell on purpose and to get a chuckle out of it?

Oh, and whenever I hear that phrase "Our time on Earth is just a test" I just want to slap the mouth that spewed up those words of nonsense.

What god?  ;)
I'd rather worship Satan. At least then I'm not fooled into thinking I'm worshiping a "loving" God.

KDbeads

Quote from: "Log10"Humans are the only species that are able to kill another member of their species just for fun. Animals don't do that.
They've seen it in chimps actually, the act of 'murder'.  I'll see if I can find the info.......

Here's one bit:
http://www.bigsiteofamazingfacts.com/ar ... wn-species

Looking for the video from either Nature or National Geographic that shows a group attacking a lone chimp and killing it...
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. - Douglas Adams

Davin

Quote from: "KDbeads"
Quote from: "Log10"Humans are the only species that are able to kill another member of their species just for fun. Animals don't do that.
They've seen it in chimps actually, the act of 'murder'.  I'll see if I can find the info.......

Here's one bit:
http://www.bigsiteofamazingfacts.com/ar ... wn-species

Looking for the video from either Nature or National Geographic that shows a group attacking a lone chimp and killing it...
Also dolphins murder in fact if you do a search you'll see lots of animals that kill their own species: black widows and preying matis' often kill the male after sex and scorpions often eat their babies just off the top of my head.

I recommend to anyone who thinks animals don't do X while humans do X, that they research that idea because I'm pretty sure someone has found an example of almost everything humans do done by other animals.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

KDbeads

Also orcas are being documented killing prey just to play, not for food.  Chimps are known for gang rapes.  Chickens are cannibals if even a drop of blood can be found on another and will eat their own chicks and other chicks in the group.  Same for quail, guinea, peafowl, pheasant, etc......  A group of young cockerels will ambush and gang bang a pullet repeatedly.

elliebean

Quote from: "Davin"...scorpions often eat their babies just off the top of my head.
Why do you have baby scorpions on top of your head?  :P
[size=150]â€"Ellie [/size]
You can’t lie to yourself. If you do you’ve only fooled a deluded person and where’s the victory in that?â€"Ricky Gervais

Sophus

QuoteHumans are the only species that are able to kill another member of their species just for fun. Animals don't do that.
Killer whales play with their food before eating it. Household cats often kill for pleasure. I'm sure there are more cases.

Plus I think more people kill for power or out of spite than for pleasure.
‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver

Davin

Quote from: "elliebean"
Quote from: "Davin"...scorpions often eat their babies just off the top of my head.
Why do you have baby scorpions on top of your head?  :P
I have lots of weird random facts on the top of my head... but I do like scorpions, they're cool looking and they're efficient (one regular small scorpion can eat an entire rat by itself and then can live up to a year from just that one meal).
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.