News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Hello :)

Started by Fizban, June 01, 2010, 11:35:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fizban

I'm an American atheist, and I joined this forum because it's become increasingly difficult to voice my outrage at the current state of the superstitious world while living in such a religious society.

I zealously stand by my ideals that not only is religion wrong and irrational, it is also destructive and will definitely bring on more suffering and hatred, just as it has before. I'm a big fan of Christopher Hitchens, Richard Dawkins, and Ayn Rand, and have read almost all of their published works. Nice to meet you all and good to be here. :P
"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion."
-Robert Pirsig

Asmodean

Welcome to the forums!

Luckily, there are still places where sane people can rant about all the rest and hanging around sane people works wonders for one's outrage with humanity... At least for me it does.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Davin

Hello and nice to meet you... though I really disagree with Ayn Rand... quite a lot, I do hope you enjoy this place.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

pinkocommie

Welcome to the forum!  Glad to have you here.  :D
Ubi dubium ibi libertas: Where there is doubt, there is freedom.
http://alliedatheistalliance.blogspot.com/

elliebean

Hello and welcome Fizban!  :)
[size=150]â€"Ellie [/size]
You can’t lie to yourself. If you do you’ve only fooled a deluded person and where’s the victory in that?â€"Ricky Gervais

Tank

Hi Fizban

Welcome aboard! What makes you a happy atheist?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.