News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Howdy from Manila

Started by wildfire_emissary, June 01, 2010, 03:53:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wildfire_emissary

howdy everyone. looking at the google map in the sticky, makes me think i am the second filipino to register. but then again, some filipinos may have had the same predicament as mine of not knowing how to mark my location in the map. :)
"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets." -Voltaire

KDbeads

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. - Douglas Adams

Tank

Quote from: "wildfire_emissary"how to bring up my 5 year-old daughter without introducing religion except that it is what other people in our neighborhood do or have or whatever.

thanks!  :)

Welcome.

I have 3 grown up children. Both I and my wife are atheists. We simply told our children what was right and wrong based on how they would like to be treated. We did not teach them about religion. Living in the UK this was an easy method as religion is not usually something children worry about. I wish you luck with your daughter.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

elliebean

Hi Wildfire! Welcome to the forum!  :)
[size=150]â€"Ellie [/size]
You can’t lie to yourself. If you do you’ve only fooled a deluded person and where’s the victory in that?â€"Ricky Gervais

pinkocommie

Welcome to the forum!  I have a six year old and am trying my best to raise him to make up his own mind about belief.  If he asks me questions, I answer them honestly, and I emphasize that beliefs are personal and it's up to each individual to decide what their beliefs are.  It's hard sometimes, especially if there are social pressures toward beliefs that I personally disagree with, but we all just do our best, right?  I hope you like it here!  :D
Ubi dubium ibi libertas: Where there is doubt, there is freedom.
http://alliedatheistalliance.blogspot.com/

Davin

Hello and welcome, you'll find plenty of rational people here.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

wildfire_emissary

thanks! with the nature of present replies i received, i predict that i'll enjoy my stay here. :d
"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets." -Voltaire