News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Hello

Started by xSilverPhinx, May 29, 2010, 08:15:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

I'm an atheist from Brazil whose rather intense interests in belief systems and especially blind faith have ultimately led me to this forum.

I find I can tolerate deistic beliefs (due to my own agnosticism) and I especially take a particular liking to atheistic pantheism.  I'm committed against gnostic theisim, because I find that a person who claims to know what a supreme intelligence (if there is one) who designed the universe and has plans (if there are plans) wants is erm, way off track. It's a selfish point of view, in terms of beliefs and more than anything - a security blanket for the child in all of us (many theists didn't really mature much in that way, I think).

I've never been indoctrinated into any religious belief and I'm very thankful for that, though I did attend catholic schools while growing up (yes, with all the praying and bible classes... :hi:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

pinkocommie

Welcome to the forum!  :D
Ubi dubium ibi libertas: Where there is doubt, there is freedom.
http://alliedatheistalliance.blogspot.com/

Davin

Hello and welcome!
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Tank

Hello and welcome to the forum. Your English is first rate assuming that Portuguese was your original language?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Cecilie

Welcome to HAF. Don't think we have anyone else from South America... (?)
The world's what you create.

xSilverPhinx

Thanks for the welcome :)

QuoteHello and welcome to the forum. Your English is first rate assuming that Portuguese was your original language?

Actually, no, English is my first language. I was born in Brazil, but grew up in English-speaking environments from the age of 4 to 14.

QuoteWelcome to HAF. Don't think we have anyone else from South America...

Yeah, I'm the only one based on the Happy Atheist Map thread.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

elliebean

Hello and welcome, Phinx!  :)
[size=150]â€"Ellie [/size]
You can’t lie to yourself. If you do you’ve only fooled a deluded person and where’s the victory in that?â€"Ricky Gervais

McQ

Welcome to the forum!
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Asmodean

Oh, look! McQ still has the same HAL-eye avatar  :D
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

McQ

Quote from: "Asmodean"Oh, look! McQ still has the same HAL-eye avatar  :D