News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

2-Year Old Smoking

Started by Cecilie, May 27, 2010, 12:07:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cecilie

The world's what you create.

Dretlin

Ahhhh yes, good old stumble. :hail:

Cecilie

Quote from: "Dretlin"Ahhhh yes, good old stumble. :hail:
Indeed.
The world's what you create.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

pinkocommie

That 2 year old smokes like a pimp.
Ubi dubium ibi libertas: Where there is doubt, there is freedom.
http://alliedatheistalliance.blogspot.com/

jrosebud

This was brought up on a mommy board I'm on.  One of the very health-concious participants stated that she didn't see it as any different than feeding children fast food.  That thread went 15 pages.
"Every post you can hitch your faith on
Is a pie in the sky,
Chock full of lies,
A tool we devise
To make sinking stones fly."

~from A Comet Apears by The Shins

Big Mac

Quote from: "jrosebud"This was brought up on a mommy board I'm on.  One of the very health-concious participants stated that she didn't see it as any different than feeding children fast food.  That thread went 15 pages.

I kind of don't disagree with her though I'd figure there'd be a difference somewhat. Both are horrible for you. Both shorten your lives and hurt your heart really badly. Both clog arteries and make vein bad for blood flow.

But one is more severe (tobacco) than the other. You can exercise the latter off, the former requires a lengthy period of quitting. I'm guessing you mean her comment made it take off to 15 pages.
Quote from: "PoopShoot"And what if pigs shit candy?

pinkocommie

I think if the comparison was that a 2 year old smoking is just as bad as a parent giving their kid fast food every once in a while, the comparison is obviously ridiculous.  That kid was smoking like a pool hall junkie.  If the comparison was being made to some 2 year old that ate fast food for every meal like Pizza the Hut from Spaceballs, I could see their point.  That's not to say that giving your kid a fast food habit at a young age is healthy, but I think trying to compare bad food to smoking will always raise objections, because food is a requirement for life while smoking is just a really poor health habit that some people choose to pick up.

Big Mac

My big question is who the fuck is giving him the cigarettes to begin with!?!?

pinkocommie

Haha, yeah no shit.  How could that EVER be a good or even neutrally acceptable idea?

Big Mac

Quote from: "pinkocommie"Haha, yeah no shit.  How could that EVER be a good or even neutrally acceptable idea?

Hell it's bad when they give circus chimps cigarettes, who the hell would do that to a kid? It's not like he's buying it himself.