News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

10 Things About Yourself

Started by Cecilie, May 16, 2010, 10:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangemoon

1. I don't like cats, but think they're cute.
2. I like the smell of rubber tires, paint and new electronics
3. I am a freelance graphic designer
4. I like tomato soup, but not tomatoes
5. I am really shy but for some reason can open up when on stage or in front of a camera - I did a lot of theater when I was younger
6. I am passionate about politics 
7. I can tell what a person is like by looking at their feet
8. I have a really dry sense of humor, that many people don't grasp onto, and I'm used to it
9. I don't like starting too many sentences with "I" and this list is starting to bug me
10. I am extremely adaptable to any given situation.
"Need is not quite belief." -Anne Sexton, With Mercy for the Greedy

Harmonie

1. I play the bassoon (You're awesome if you actually know what that is.  :P).
2. I really like woodwind/brass instruments, they're my favorite.
3. I like cold/weather and snow/ice. I despise hot weather and tornadoes. (But I live in Oklahoma.  :-\)
4. I am a very picky eater, but not by choice.
5. I am very passionately for LGBT rights.
6. I enjoy to watch a lot of anime/manga and cartoons.
7. I am very interested in history, especially European and Music history. (I love classical music).
8. I hate bugs, especially moths.
9. I used to play the trumpet.
10. I find it way too hard to identify my personality or take any of those personality tests because I am too all over the place.

Yeah... A few music ones. The trumpet one actually came up because I was listening to music with a trumpet solo and I was like "Oh, I used to play it, I'll put that!".

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

Tank

You won't like the photography thread if you don't like bugs!  :D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Harmonie

Quote from: Tank on January 25, 2012, 10:18:14 PM
You won't like the photography thread if you don't like bugs!  :D

Okay then. I'll have to take a note to avoid that topic completely!

However, it's more them touching me that bothers me. I'm okay watching from a distance, usually. It's just that when they touch me I freak out. The reasons I really dislike moths more than the others is because they swarm porch lights during warmer nights and they are so spazzy and end up touching me.

"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

Anne D.

Quote from: orangemoon on January 24, 2012, 11:22:17 AM
1. I don't like cats, but think they're cute.
2. I like the smell of rubber tires, paint and new electronics
3. I am a freelance graphic designer
4. I like tomato soup, but not tomatoes
5. I am really shy but for some reason can open up when on stage or in front of a camera - I did a lot of theater when I was younger
6. I am passionate about politics 
7. I can tell what a person is like by looking at their feet
8. I have a really dry sense of humor, that many people don't grasp onto, and I'm used to it
9. I don't like starting too many sentences with "I" and this list is starting to bug me
10. I am extremely adaptable to any given situation.

I'm fascinated by number 6. Do you mean a person's shoes, or just a person's bare feet?

AnefIsEnuf

1. I'm new here, hi folks.
2. I am an artist, and I spend a lot of time drawing portraits.
3. Seeing someone bite into a tomato like an apple is almost guaranteed to make me throw up.
4. I have OCD.
5. My favorite word is superluminal. But, just for today. I'm sure it will change by tomorrow.
6. I was born and raised in the United States, in a bilingual household.
7. I am a parent, but I do not have any biological children.
8. I have a very animated face. I have way more facial expressions than there are moods.
9. I am not very good at expressing tone through text. I tend to be a very literal and rational person, and I have noticed that it often comes across as cold or angry when people expect your reaction to be one of those things. However, I am a humanist at heart, and I am compassionate and loving almost to a fault.
10. I have really big green-blue-grey (who knows) eyes, and offline, they are always the first thing someone notices about me.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: AnefIsEnuf on January 26, 2012, 04:38:13 AM
9. I am not very good at expressing tone through text. I tend to be a very literal and rational person, and I have noticed that it often comes across as cold or angry when people expect your reaction to be one of those things.

That's what smilies are for.

Some people may think they shouldn't need them, that their words are enough. 
Perhaps they should be but they often aren't.

AnefIsEnuf

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on January 26, 2012, 05:03:08 AM
Quote from: AnefIsEnuf on January 26, 2012, 04:38:13 AM
9. I am not very good at expressing tone through text. I tend to be a very literal and rational person, and I have noticed that it often comes across as cold or angry when people expect your reaction to be one of those things.

That's what smilies are for.

Some people may think they shouldn't need them, that their words are enough. 
Perhaps they should be but they often aren't.

Agreed. I use emoticons, but perhaps I need to use more;D :D ;)

xXxWashburnxXx

1. I believe that anyone should be able to marry any other consenting adult
2. I like candles
3. Used to play football
4. Enjoy metal, 80's rock and other forms of music like it.
5. My right eyebrow is pierced
6. Watch "My Name Is Earl"
7. Live in Louisville, KY
8. Watch some anime
9. Am a high school drop out
10. Try to keep a blissful state about myself, as I am rather strong and used to be easily angered
Evolution is JUST a theory. Ya know, like gravity!

Guardian85

Quote from: Radiant on January 25, 2012, 10:15:50 PM

Woodwind instrument in the bass-tenor range. Common in orchestral and chamber music styles.
Doesn't everyone know that?

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

AnefIsEnuf

Quote from: Guardian85 on January 26, 2012, 07:41:07 AM

Woodwind instrument in the bass-tenor range. Common in orchestral and chamber music styles.

If not, they do now.

Harmonie

Quote from: Guardian85 on January 26, 2012, 07:41:07 AM

Sure. After they look it up on Wikipedia, that is.

I was in band for a few years before I even realized myself (to be fair to myself, I was a trumpet player and at my middle school we only played in a brass ensemble for the first two years). Most people think it's an oboe or something. Otherwise it's just another low woodwind to them.

xXxWashburnxXx

I've played baritone, tuba, alto saxophone (poorly) and both acoustic and electric guitar. Not to say I was an expert at any of them.
Evolution is JUST a theory. Ya know, like gravity!

Buddy

I suck at anything music related. :D
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

Quote from: Budhorse4 on January 26, 2012, 04:40:29 PM
I suck at anything music related. :D
Not as much as I do! There were two grades of exames when I was 15. GCSE and CSE. The poor performers in a particular subject did the CSE. I did a CSE in music and got an 'F'! I actually have a certificate that shows I have no musical competence whatsoever!  ;D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.