News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

10 Things About Yourself

Started by Cecilie, May 16, 2010, 10:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crow

Retired member.

Asmodean

Quote from: Crow on December 14, 2011, 07:46:03 PM
Quote from: yepimonfire on December 14, 2011, 07:38:59 PM
what do you mean exactly by "social intelligence"?

Common sense.
That's a part of it, I suppose.

Social intelligence is a more clearly-defined concept than I can do off the top of my head, but there are several types of intelligence, of whih the IQ is useful for about... Three, usually. Social intelligence has to do with how good a person does in his or her interactions with others, for instance how easy that person finds it to start and maintain a conversation, how good he/she is at reading people and so on.

I think being a walking mass of complexes and insecurities (or not) is a part of the person's social intelligence because it has pretty much everything to do with interpersonal interactions.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

OldGit

My IQ usually measures about 145.  Once I went through a battery of tests and had that score broken down into three parts:

Spatial: (all those silly little shapes) below average - that was as much as they told me.

Mathematical: average.

Verbal: off the scale.  I did all the questions well within the time limit, which was not supposed to happen.  Also, I got them all right, which is even stranger.  No numerical score assigned.

Asmodean

Quote from: OldGit on December 14, 2011, 08:12:34 PM
My IQ usually measures about 145.  Once I went through a battery of tests and had that score broken down into three parts:

Spatial: (all those silly little shapes) below average - that was as much as they told me.

Mathematical: average.

Verbal: off the scale.  I did all the questions well within the time limit, which was not supposed to happen.  Also, I got them all right, which is even stranger.  No numerical score assigned.
About the same here, with a perfect score on verbal. I did score above average on math though.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

John_5.0

1. I am 19 years old
2. I have horrible allergies that cause me eyes to swell shut on occasion
3. I am from Topeka, Kansas. (This is also where the Westburo Baptist Church group led by Fred Phelps is from AND where the WWJD bracelets originated)
4. I have never been outside of the United States.
5. Have never been drunk.
6. Was one of only three open atheists in my high school.
7. Had a very hard time dealing with asthma when I was younger, many trips to the emergency room.
8. Horrible at math.
9. Love to debate and learn about anything.
10. I Hate the wizard of oz lol.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Sgtmackenzie

1. "Hi, my name is Dan, and I am a 32 year old gamer"   "Hi Dan!"  - prefer the PC, have a PS3
2. I'm socially retarded.
3. I am a logical thinker - and I think wayyy too much.   The only reason I know I am sane is that Philosophy trips me out...like it's supposed to.
4. I own a Nook with a libraries worth of books, but have zero time to read them.
5. I drive a reasonable Ford Five Hundred, and waiting for my 40th birthday to go out and buy a porsche....
6. This one time....at band camp....
7. Love to watch severe weather, was frightened to death of it as a child.
8. Yes, I have attended Rennaissance festivals.
9. I collect swords/knives.
10. I have a degree in Systems Analysis, which makes me officially a geek - a title I wear proudly.

kimberlyfaith81

1.  I am a fanatical Ron Paul fan. 
2.  Obviously, #1 makes me liberatarian bent.
3.  I'm mostly straight, but if anything were possible, having sex with Halle Berry would be on my bucket list.
4.  I wish the ridiculous war on drugs would end already!  Stop wasting my money.
5.  I am determined to visit as much of Europe as possible before I die.  Sadly, never been out of the states.
6.  Having children was the most eye-opening, exhilirating, humbling, exhausting, rewarding thing I've ever done. 
7.  I love to cook.  Even more, I love to watch people enjoy what I cook. 
8.  I get a little depressed at the end of each book I read and the only thing that helps is starting another one. 
9.  I enjoy giving to others but experience has taught me that you'll will never be able to change someone's status in life, no matter what you give them.  People who lack motivation to be better will only use up what you give them and demand more.
10.  I spend a lot of time learning things that will be helpful when the American economy collapses, because I'm more certain now than ever that it will happen in my lifetime.  Next on my list.... beekeeping!  I'll need the honey for my winery/brewery! ;)

JustinS

1. I am very good at math (was skipped one year ahead in math class)
2. Politically, I am center-left and socially liberal (honorary pinko)
3. I hate it when multi-national corporations like McDonald's prop up American flags just to attract customers (nothing patriotic about that)
4. I'm an autodidact and love learning, ergo I love the internet
5. I wish I could travel as much as possible, and learn a lot from those places
6. I'm very, very introverted and often delete/edit my posts that look awkward to me after reading them
7. My parents don't know that I'm an atheist (6 on the Dawkins scale), but all of my friends know
8. I admire Albert Einstein; he is my role model
9. My Meyers-Briggs personality type is INTJ
10. I love debating/arguing
"If we choose, we can live in a world of comforting illusion." ~ Noam Chomsky
"There is no such thing as religion over riding morality. Man cannot be untruthful, cruel, or incontinent and claim to have God on his side." ~ Gandhi

carley

10 Things About Me:

1. I am EXTREMELY impatient. With people, time, situations, all of it.
2. I have been a hairstylist for 13 years, but recently completed my Bachelor degree in Psychology. Going to grad school. Eventually
3. I was married to a very confused transvestite for 8 years. Now, I'm married to a tolerant skinhead  ;D
4. My husband and I have 5 children between us
5. I can deal with blood, puke, poop... but I have a SERIOUS thing about fingernails and eyeballs
6. I like to quilt
7. Even though I'm an atheist, I LOVE Christmas time
8. I was raised by bikers. And they were great parents
9. For some reason, people tend to tell me things they "don't normally tell other people". This is why I want to be a therapist
10. I judge people very harshly. Therefore, I rarely rely on my 1st impressions of people.

Asmodean

Quote from: carley on December 25, 2011, 01:34:42 AM
5. I can deal with blood, puke, poop... but I have a SERIOUS thing about fingernails and eyeballs

Here, have this eyeball nail job!  ;D
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Traveler

1.  I'm supposedly quite intelligent, but my IQ can't hold a candle to some of yours.
2.  I've been a software engineer and an artist, and I love parts of both.
3.  I have a bunch of dogs, and all but one of them are rescues.
4.  I love pizza and tacos, but they don't love me. Heartburn. :(
5.  After many years on my own I now live with my mom, and I actually enjoy her company.
6.  I'm a breast cancer survivor and am going through a scare right now, awaiting biopsy results.
7.  I spent five years living/traveling in my RV, which was AWESOME!
8.  I've been scuba diving in Fiji.
9.  I scattered some of my dad's ashes over the Grand Canyon at sunset.
10. My favorite tv show is Bones.
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.

Tank

Quote from: Asmodean on December 25, 2011, 01:41:54 AM

Here, have this eyeball nail job!  ;D

Asmo, that was mean, you beat me to it!  :D
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Tank

10 Things About Me:

2. I have been a hairstylist for 13 years, but recently completed my Bachelor degree in Psychology. Going to grad school. Eventually

When my wife left school at 16 she went to the London College of Fashion where she learned to be a hairdresser, a skill she never used. However she went on to get a couple of degrees and a PhD in psychology related areas. She lectures and writes (chapters in 6 academic books now) in the childhood development area. Psychology is an interesting area of study as "there's now't so queer as folk!"

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Tank on December 25, 2011, 07:15:04 AM
Asmo, that was mean, you beat me to it!  :D

Well you will insist on sleeping.