Atheism, terrorism

Started by moslim, May 16, 2010, 12:32:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moslim

Tank, Why do not you do??
Nothing prevents you

Why not do these things,

philosoraptor

So if you can identify bin Laden and Hussein as people who did not follow their faith, why can you not acknowledge that there moral atheists just as there are immoral practitioners of religion?
"Come ride with me through the veins of history,
I'll show you how god falls asleep on the job.
And how can we win when fools can be kings?
Don't waste your time or time will waste you."
-Muse

moslim

Atheist only be considered on the ethics of interest

KDbeads

There are no teachings for Atheism.  No guide book, no manual, no bible, no oral tradition.  Because it's NOT a religion.

There are fanatics in every race, religion, country, gender.  Doesn't matter what race, religion, country, gender you point to, you are going to find one.

And by the way...... Hitler is not a good example of anything other that how deranged a person can be, he changed religious ties throughout his reign to suit his needs, wants and to 'prove' he was doing what was right for 'racial purity'.  He was an extreme fanatic.  Atheism has nothing to do with that.
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. - Douglas Adams

Dretlin

Quote from: "moslim"Dretlin  Where From  morals??

http://www.iasp.info/pdf/papers/Bertolote.pdf
Put another link in my earlier intervention

As your own link points out, having hammered into you, from a young age, that nothing but damnation awaits suicide is quite a deterrent. In that type of culture, suicide would be a taboo problem -compared to other moral choices? I am sorry, you believe you have the moral high ground?

karadan

Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately you have been lied to by the people who brought you up, as they themselves were lied to by their parents and those before them and so on and so on. I was going to try to explain the reasons why the things you think about atheists are incorrect but instead, i'd like to point you to the text on the front page of this forum. It provides a nice concise explanation of what atheism entails.

Just because we don't follow a holy doctrine with which to live our lives, doesn't mean we are bad people in the slightest. If that were the case, Sweden and Iceland would see perpetual civil war.

In fact, take Nordic countries as a case study. They happen to be the most atheist countries in the world (by percentage population) and yet consistently come top of the human development index. Ie, they have the most stable systems of governance, commerce and human development in the world. This isn't necessarily because they are predominantly atheist but you have to admit, if athesist are as lawless and morally corrupt as you'd believe, then it stands to reason those countries would be in dissaray, yes?

If you take the time to read many of the posts here (hopefully you will), i believe your mind will be swayed to a more positive stance towards us nafarious atheists :)
QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.

moslim

Book the Bible you have philosophers

Hitler Doing this from the teachings of Darwinism

moslim

Dretlin:  Does Islam embodied in them??

Dretlin

Quote from: "moslim"Dretlin:  Does Islam embodied in them??

You tell me.

And Hitler was Catholic.

_7654_

The pdf you posted by the way is cool, unfortunately the definition of atheist is wrong ... check the references section on page 3 ... the definition of atheist is and i quote "... Suicide rates in China 1995-99 Lancet ..." China has a very unique demographic, and religious perspective, i can hardly call the atheist in the normal way.

Dretlin

Quote from: "_7654_"

The pdf you posted by the way is cool, unfortunately the definition of atheist is wrong ... check the references section on page 3 ... the definition of atheist is and i quote "... Suicide rates in China 1995-99 Lancet ..." China has a very unique demographic, and religious perspective, i can hardly call the atheist in the normal way.

Taoism? If I am mistaken?  :hmm:

Heretical Rants

Quote from: "moslim"Tank, Why do not you do??
Nothing prevents you

Why not do these things,
What?

Nothing's preventing you, either.

There are always consequences, but nothing's stopping you.

KDbeads

Quote from: "Dretlin"
Quote from: "moslim"Dretlin:  Does Islam embodied in them??

You tell me.

And Hitler was Catholic.

Among other things.

Hitler was racist.  Not atheist.  There is a HUGE difference there.  And yes he pulled from the concept of social darwinism (which is NOT atheism by the way, see link below).... well if you research/read a little deeper that was just another way he tried to prove racism was the way to go, it was more eugenics that anything else.
Do some research.  As in real research, not what you have been told by your family/peers, try reading these:
Hitler:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolf_Hitler
Atheism:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atheism
http://www.atheists.org/
Social Darwinism:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_Darwinism
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. - Douglas Adams

_7654_

Quote from: "Dretlin"
Quote from: "_7654_"

Taoism? If I am mistaken?  :hmm:

It's a mixed society, Taoism is only one belief system, there is also Confusion ism , and Buddhism ... all are non central deity supporting belief systems that otherwise do qualify as a religion. Calling them atheist is also wrong, since these are belief systems, be them without a deity...

_7654_

Quote from: "moslim"aslam alikom orhmt allah wabrkath (Peace, mercy and blessings of God)

I am a Muslim Arab
I want to put my point of view
I think that atheism fell long ago
Embrace of atheism often commit suicide does not live long
Atheism has no morals morality derives from religion
Atheism, terrorism is trying to suppress religion and his followers killed without pity or mercy

well, congratulations :)

Atheists do not commit suicide any more or less than any other social groups, and i have provided more arguments later in the forum about you later posting regarding the statistics of this subject.

The question of Atheism and morality has been debated a lot lately, and there are very good arguments why an Atheist would be a moral person, one of these arguments, is that morality is merely co opted by religion , taken from the age old good and beneficial natural behavior of human beings , here is a good quote:  â€œThe greatest tragedy in mankind's entire history may be the hijacking of morality by religion.” -- Arthur C. Clarke  

As for regarding your statement associating atheism with terrorism, i am yet to find an atheist blowing himself up, or flying an airplane into a building, so i really cant base your statement on any grounds belonging to reality.

As for your greeting, i accept it, but will notice, that a god that does not exist can not extend blessings or offer mercy, so a simple peace be upon you might would have sufficed :-)