Re: Are women biologically programmed to reward cruelty, evil a

Started by Whitney, May 03, 2010, 12:09:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SSY

Quote from: "Recusant"Call me a freak, but I think armpit hair on women can be very sexy! :devil:)

I never had you down as a Frenchie Recusant.
Quote from: "Godschild"SSY: You are fairly smart and to think I thought you were a few fries short of a happy meal.
Quote from: "Godschild"explain to them how and why you decided to be athiest and take the consequences that come along with it
Quote from: "Aedus"Unlike atheists, I'm not an angry prick

artwomyn

I agree with Whitney, when she makes a point about religion influencing women's attraction, to bad guys.  Patriarchal religions, have always encouraged women to be docile towards men, and male value systems, no matter how cruel they may be.  

Women are indeed taught in our society, practically from birth, to regard men as more important than women.  That's the whole crux of patriarchal religion, anyhow,  which is to keep women subjugated to males.  This is one of the biggest reasons why I happen to be an Atheist, and also
a lesbian.  And lesbians do NOT believe in male supremacy.

Artwomyn. :D

Tank

Quote from: "artwomyn"I agree with Whitney, when she makes a point about religion influencing women's attraction, to bad guys.  Patriarchal religions, have always encouraged women to be docile towards men, and male value systems, no matter how cruel they may be.  

Women are indeed taught in our society, practically from birth, to regard men as more important than women.  That's the whole crux of patriarchal religion, anyhow,  which is to keep women subjugated to males.  This is one of the biggest reasons why I happen to be an Atheist, and also
a lesbian.  And lesbians do NOT believe in male supremacy.

Artwomyn. :D
Hi

Beg pardon if I have read this wrong but it would appear, and please correct me if I'm wrong, that part of the reason you personally classify yourself as a lesbian is because of a political position? In my ignorance I would have thought one would be gay or lesbian due to emotional and sexual considerations and be feminist out of political orientation. Just curious.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

elliebean

^I'm wondering the same thing.

Anyway, in the context of this thread, couldn't one merely apply female gender pronouns in place of the male ones in the OP to form an equally bogus assessment of those same dynamics in regards to lesbian relationships as well? IOW, if all women were "biologically programmed to reward cruelty", then lesbians would do the same, only with other women, who presumably would do the same with them, which brings up all sorts of ridiculous questions, none of which would have any basis in, nor be of any consequence to reality.

Am I making sense here?  :hmm:
[size=150]â€"Ellie [/size]
You can’t lie to yourself. If you do you’ve only fooled a deluded person and where’s the victory in that?â€"Ricky Gervais

Davin

Quote from: "elliebean"^I'm wondering the same thing.

Anyway, in the context of this thread, couldn't one merely apply female gender pronouns in place of the male ones in the OP to form an equally bogus assessment of those same dynamics in regards to lesbian relationships as well? IOW, if all women were "biologically programmed to reward cruelty", then lesbians would do the same, only with other women, who presumably would do the same with them, which brings up all sorts of ridiculous questions, none of which would have any basis in, nor be of any consequence to reality.

Am I making sense here?  :hmm:
Makes good sense to me. I'll try to reiterate to see if I get your point: If all women are biologically programmed to reward cruelty, then it doesn't matter if they seek out a male jerk or a female jerk, they will still seek an jerk.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

elliebean

[size=150]â€"Ellie [/size]
You can’t lie to yourself. If you do you’ve only fooled a deluded person and where’s the victory in that?â€"Ricky Gervais

karadan

Is it possible that some women are, and some women aren't? If one of my ex girlfriends is anything to go by, then some women definitely are.
QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.