News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

An experiment

Started by Chewbie Chan, April 12, 2010, 08:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chewbie Chan

Hi

I'm here because I think it might be interesting to be on a discussion forum where most people share a similar worldview.  :D

A lot of Buddhists and some Taoists are comfortable with the way I think. Others find it disturbing, e.g. I joined a popular Taoist forum recently and was fascinated by the superstition, magical thinking and popular psychological tricks passed off as spiritual exercise. The trouble is if I'd stayed I'd have become a persistent (and singular) voice of skeptical doubt. I didn't want to play that role since and was sure others would find it very frustrating.

So anyway, when it comes down to it my habits might include what look like traditionally religious practices but I am very much an atheist with a naturalistic worldview. I'm also reasonably happy, so a happy atheist forum seemed like a good place to go.  :)

pinkocommie

Welcome to the forum!  I look forward to reading your posts.  :)
Ubi dubium ibi libertas: Where there is doubt, there is freedom.
http://alliedatheistalliance.blogspot.com/

elliebean

Hello and welcome, Chewbie!  :)
[size=150]â€"Ellie [/size]
You can’t lie to yourself. If you do you’ve only fooled a deluded person and where’s the victory in that?â€"Ricky Gervais

Ellainix

Quote from: "Ivan Tudor C McHock"If your faith in god is due to your need to explain the origin of the universe, and you do not apply this same logic to the origin of god, then you are an idiot.

Chewbie Chan

Quote from: "Ellainix"Zen!
!

Oh yeah. Yep, I really dig Zen. :rainbow: