News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Good Friday to Easter

Started by fdesilva, April 03, 2010, 10:27:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fdesilva

Love and Hatred polarize human action. Yet this polarization is an illusion. It is an illusion because hatred is only a vacuum, that results from an absence of love. So Good Friday is a celebration of one Mans victory in trying to end this polarity with this prayer for his killers  â€œFarther forgive them for they know not what they do”

Whitney

That's a new way to look at it...I think the rest of the Christians tend to think that good friday is a time to thoughtfully reflect on Jesus' sacrifice; they don't tend to 'celebrate' till the easter which focuses on the ressurection.  If it were simply a day to reflect on learning how to avoid grudges and finding good in a situation then there would be a lot more people and events serving as the focus of the holiday.

Anyway, welcome to the forum.

fdesilva

Quote from: "Whitney"That's a new way to look at it...I think the rest of the Christians tend to think that good friday is a time to thoughtfully reflect on Jesus' sacrifice; they don't tend to 'celebrate' till the easter which focuses on the ressurection.  If it were simply a day to reflect on learning how to avoid grudges and finding good in a situation then there would be a lot more people and events serving as the focus of the holiday.

Anyway, welcome to the forum.
Hi Whitney
Thankyou. I think all great stories in the world, independent of their factual value, meaning if there true or not, have a moral message that is always true. It is these messages that is critical for peace and happiness.