News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

If seeing is believing

Started by dionysiou, March 31, 2010, 01:43:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: "Gawen"
Quote from: "Tank"
Quote from: "byesadness"Is human presence in this world not an evidence that God really exist?
No. The presence of humans here is evidence of evolution.
Ahh...you beat me to it.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: "hvargas"I once stood about four feet distances from a magician who towards the end of his presentation suspended his assistance in mid-air. That was not a trick of magic and as an observer I noticed that he had whispered something to the ears of his assistence just prior to levatating her. Since my field had been psychology I assumed that he had pre-hipnotized her and the words that he whispered were those that will had illiminated her waight and thus making her weight less than a feather.

I really don't think that's what psychologists (or even hypnotists for that matter) mean when they say "mind over matter" - matter being subject to gravitational forces and not the mind. You can't bypass physical reality simply by willing it.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey