News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Hello. I'm a Roman Catholic.

Started by FleckedBrush, March 27, 2010, 11:10:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FleckedBrush

Hi there. It's nice to be here, on this forum. I found this forum from Ixquick.com, but I had previously heard through Wechtlein Uns that this was a good forum community to join. In case your wondering where he has been, he was in an accident long ago. He is no longer with us.

He was a good friend of mine, I count myself among the lucky few who understood him. Funny story, he often joked about how I should be his "successor" in life over our many conversations. I didn't know what to tell him then, inexperienced as I was. Of course, it could never be. Jose--well, wherever he is, I'm certain he would recognize now how his dreams of my becoming what he wanted were both wrong and satisfied at the same time, no blessing needed from god.

Speaking of god, I may be a Roman Catholic, but I feel no need to compose myself to do battle against the great satan, of which so many believe resides with you "devil worshippers". I'm inclined to chuckle at that. Anyone with a seminarian's underestanding of the bible would understand that evil is not "out there", a force to be battled with, but something to be recognized and absorbed. Mankind, when he is blinded by utopian visions of becoming godlike and great, it is then that he becomes the most destructive to his owns ends, and it is then that he is most poised to recognize the evil within himself and absorb it.

Other than that, it's a matter of realizing that divinity is allready here, Christs kingdom is allready in full bloom, in all it's myriad forms, from that of allah and that of reason, and--well, the second we eat from the fruit of good and evil, we are surely doomed to die, not from god's hand, but by our own, I suppose.

I don't envy you atheists your folly. I don't think you folly-ing at all. I don't want to convert you. Neither do I seek to convert muslims or the like. If there is one thing I am proud about, it's that I've never converted Jose. You knew him as Wechtlein. He was a good kid. And I know that he would curse me forever if I didn't follow his wishes. So, per his will, I read from Nietchze's Anticrist at the funeral.

Squid

Quote from: "FleckedBrush"...I had previously heard through Wechtlein Uns...He is no longer with us.

Woah, wait, did I miss something?

G-Roll

QuoteSpeaking of god, I may be a Roman Catholic, but I feel no need to compose myself to do battle against the great satan, of which so many believe resides with you "devil worshippers". I'm inclined to chuckle at that. Anyone with a seminarian's underestanding of the bible would understand that evil is not "out there", a force to be battled with, but something to be recognized and absorbed. Mankind, when he is blinded by utopian visions of becoming godlike and great, it is then that he becomes the most destructive to his owns ends, and it is then that he is most poised to recognize the evil within himself and absorb it.
well said.

im sorry to hear about your freind.

welcome to the forum, i look forward to reading the rest of your input here.
Quote from: "Moslem"
Allah (that mean God)

skwurll

Well I must say, it'll be nice to hear from a Catholic that doesn't want to convert anyone.

Welcome to the forum.

McQ

Welcome to the forum and thank you for introducing yourself. I am sorry you have lost a good friend. Thanks for respecting his wishes.
I hope whatever time you choose to spend here is pleasant.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

i_am_i

Quote from: "FleckedBrush"I don't envy you atheists your folly.

What folly would that be?

Folly is defined thusly:

1 : lack of good sense or normal prudence and foresight
2 : criminally or tragically foolish actions or conduct
3 : a foolish act or idea
4 : an excessively costly or unprofitable undertaking

So which definition of folly are you using when you say that you don't envy us atheists our folly?
Call me J

Sapere aude

FleckedBrush

elliebean

Quote from: "i_am_i"
Quote from: "FleckedBrush"I don't envy you atheists your folly.
4 : an excessively costly or unprofitable undertaking

I'll own that one, sounds to me like a decent working definition of life.  :D
[size=150]â€"Ellie [/size]
You can’t lie to yourself. If you do you’ve only fooled a deluded person and where’s the victory in that?â€"Ricky Gervais