News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Introduction

Started by JWG, March 18, 2010, 04:08:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JWG

Dear Happy Atheist Forum Users,

I have recently registered on here in hopes to indulge in conversation and company with others in their own thoughts, freely. To sum it up, I feel that each of us live in our own subjective interpretation and experience [subjective reality/"reality tunnel"] of the objective world that exists. That said, our subjective realities are quite real to each of us, and I can respect and appreciate others unique realities as long as they do not forget that they are theirs alone, unique and isolate from the rest of ours. I always enjoy opening minds and giving people new perspectives to help them shake off their dogmas and beliefs that restrict them from viewing the world in a different way or from a different angle. "The Map is not the Territory" is so true.

When it comes to approaching life, I am very fond of the two quotes from the character we have coined Socrates:

a. "I know that I know nothing." - This helps me realize that while I assign meaning and define my own personal reality, it is just a "map" of the actual "territory."
b. "The unexamined life is not worth living." - Despite this, I am intrigued at the way we perceive life and am drawn to explore and experience it fully, without restriction from dogmas, beliefs, or absolute standards, etc.

Synthesis (anti-thesis to thesis) over Stasis (dogmas, absolutes, etc).

I look forward to discussions that may arise here and in the company of fellow free-thinkers or people of different realities.

To start it off, I'd love to hear peoples responses and thoughts on the above presentation of my generalized and condensed version of the way I approach life and how I perceive all that is in it.

Sincerely,
JWG
"The Future exists first in Imagination, then in Will, then in Reality." -Robert Anton Wilson

ClicheGuevara

It's late and I'm tired, so I'm just gonna take the easy way out and say Welcome!

elliebean

Quote from: "JWG"I'd love to hear peoples responses and thoughts on the above presentation of my generalized and condensed version of the way I approach life and how I perceive all that is in it.

I would try, but I'm not entirely certain I know what it is that you've said.

Welcome to the forum, though!  :)
[size=150]â€"Ellie [/size]
You can’t lie to yourself. If you do you’ve only fooled a deluded person and where’s the victory in that?â€"Ricky Gervais

Whitney

Quote from: "elliebean"
Quote from: "JWG"I'd love to hear peoples responses and thoughts on the above presentation of my generalized and condensed version of the way I approach life and how I perceive all that is in it.

I would try, but I'm not entirely certain I know what it is that you've said.

Welcome to the forum, though!  :)

I'm not certain I get what you are saying either JWG (perhaps being really tired from driving 4 hours doesn't help either)  but welcome to HAF.