News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Atheists Needed for Psychology Test

Started by Sophus, March 14, 2010, 03:26:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sophus

You can take it here: http://www.coolpsychology.com/qforms/non_theistsv2.htm

If you do, please let me know what your archeological article said. ;)
‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver

dogsmycopilot

But it said to be discreet.  :hmm:
Ok, it was one that said they found scrolls/files that basically confirm Jeezy Creezy existed but that he did not do miracles.

elliebean

Damn, I forgot to copy/paste before I closed it.

My article (not real of course) was something about a 1500 year old road being discovered beneath Jerusalem. Honest, I paid careful attention, but sadly I can't remember any more details than that.

I gave it a 5 of 7 for clarity and said I would like to read more about it. :D
[size=150]â€"Ellie [/size]
You can’t lie to yourself. If you do you’ve only fooled a deluded person and where’s the victory in that?â€"Ricky Gervais

Kylyssa

I gave it a lower clarity rating, a 3, because it used poor grammar.  As soon as I hit "they is" in a sentence, my desire to read any more of the article was shut down.  Maybe they were trying to imitate poor English but it came off as poor writing.  

I didn't want to read more about the archeology article because the grammar was poor and it presented the facts in a jumbled order, giving a few facts then some conclusions before presenting all of the facts the article related.  From the debriefing it looks like that will be interpreted as an anti-religion bias rather than an anti-bad-grammar and anti-poor-organization bias, though.

I wish I'd written about that at the end - instead, I mentioned I was disappointed that there was no real option to say one never became an atheist or to say that one did not belong to a religion simply because they think God is not real.

elliebean

Ahh, well I'm not the best judge of clarity. I often have to read a line of text 2-3 times before I begin to comrehend any of it. Then I run into the problem of trying to remember what I read at the beginning of a paragraph, once I get to the end, and having to start over again several times until it all starts coming together.

It's not that my reading comprehesion is that bad, it's that my ability to form new short-term memories has been significantly impaired.

I didn't notice any glaring grammatical errors (or at least I don't remember any, lol) until the "they is" line, which did break the continuity of the quote for me, before I realized it was supposed to be broken English (of which I've been reading a lot lately).
You can’t lie to yourself. If you do you’ve only fooled a deluded person and where’s the victory in that?â€"Ricky Gervais

notself

My story said the scroll proved Jesus actually existed and proved beyond a doubt that all miracles attributed to him were real.  
There was another story that made absolutely no sense about cars and a river and a wire.  It asked me if the story was descriptive, which it was although it made no sense. The the test asked if that story was written by a man or a woman.  Of course I said it was written by a man.   :D

I finished the test but did not give details of where I lived except to say Arkansas.

At the very end, I gave a short history of why I left Christianity and my disbelief in all powerful, all kind super daddies in the sky.

It appears to me that they are trying to link parenting and atheism since a great deal of time was spent in this area.

Sophus

Yeah it does say to be discreet... I'll use this nifty spoiler feature.  :D

I had the neutral one about the Jerusalem road that was actually written decently. After finishing the test it had said [spoiler:3vzuwstz]there were two others and I was only given one.[/spoiler:3vzuwstz]

And actually the purpose of test said it was primarily to [spoiler:3vzuwstz]weigh how atheists feel about death versus theists and how that effects their decision making.[/spoiler:3vzuwstz]
‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver

notself

What's to think about?  Death comes when it comes.

Sophus

[spoiler:3s250y9r]How they feel about death rather. A lot of religious people are so because they fear death.[/spoiler:3s250y9r]

notself

How long will the survey last and will we get a copy of the results?

Sophus

I wish I knew. I'll follow it and get back to you guys.

Evolved

The survey is now closed due to a large enough response.
"Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense."
Chapman Cohen

skepticalguy

Tsk. tsk.

Not that I think your indiscretion will throw off the results, but they could have were it a smaller experiment. For an experiment such as this one, it is important that the participants are not informed about the entire content of the experiment prior to their participation. That's why I requested discretion.

Now, do any of you have any questions about the experiment you would like me to answer? I'd be happy to.

elliebean

I'll be interested to see the results.