News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

The New Global Warming Thread

Started by Kidnapkid, March 12, 2010, 02:14:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kidnapkid

Check this out. http://www.landoverbaptist.org/2008/april/conservationsin.html This is courtesy of the Landover Baptist Church, and just the sort of stuff that made  me want to join a forum, and more.

I do realize that a lot of Christians are trying to take steps to protect the world and clean up our air, water, and land. However, it's these (is there such a term as) radical conservatives, that scare me utterly. Have me quaking in my heels. Not to mention make me feel the need to actually say and do something. I'm a pretty green person as far as we Americans go. I ride a bike, take public transportation in a city that just got a bunch of green buses. I recycle everything I can. I'd even compost if I didn't have a cement yard.

The funny thing is that the Christians who are trying to clean things up site the same scripture as those actually trying to destroy the world.

I feel like I should be doing something. Climate change is a real thing, whether or not we're responsible. Because we may just be exacerbating a natural phenomenon. But I really don't see how some care for the planet we live on could ever be a bad thing... Unless you're a super christian and want to hurry along the rapture. It's been thoughts like these that that have me reaching out to like minded individuals. I guess I just want to be more informed in general and see what other people, who like me, have every right to be afraid. It's like having a neighbor who keeps trying to burn down your house.
"We never know just where our bones will rest. To dust, I guess. Forgotten and absorbed into the earth below." -Billy Corgan

Dagda

In Britain where Christianity is not the same force it is conservative businessmen (predominantly) who may or may not be Christians (not really a selling point in Britain) who try and prevent green measures. Don’t for a second believe that if all of America’s Christian Conservatives emigrated to Mexico (I would love to see that) that the global warming deniers would go away.
That which does not benefit the hive does not benefit the bee either-Marcus Aurelius

Recusant

Just a point of information:  Landover Baptist Church is an example of Poe's Law in action.  In other words, it's a parody site.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Whitney

Quote from: "Recusant"Just a point of information:  Landover Baptist Church is an example of Poe's Law in action.  In other words, it's a parody site.

yup, just look at their ads and their t-shirt shop  :P