News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Creationist Ark Math = Fail

Started by Tanker, March 09, 2010, 04:33:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tanker

So I found this video and Youtube. I was so stupified by its failure I havn't been able to come up with a rational response (not that I think he would leave a disenting view up). My mind just sputters when it tries to comprehend the stupid. I thought I would share. I wouldn't really call this science but I guess psudo-science fits under the science catagory (if not please move it mods)

[youtube:109rx9hq]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vc2jphwJyzo[/youtube:109rx9hq]

"the stupid it burns"
"I'd rather die the go to heaven" - William Murderface Murderface  Murderface-

I've been in fox holes, I'm still an atheist -Me-

God is a cake, and we all know what the cake is.

(my spelling, grammer, and punctuation suck, I know, but regardless of how much I read they haven't improved much since grade school. It's actually a bit of a family joke.

LoneMateria

[youtube:r14hot46]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I225Vcs3X0g[/youtube:r14hot46]

I could only make it halfway through that video... at least this one highlights the absurdity of it in an entertaining way... oh yeah and this video's math is way better ^_^
Quote from: "Richard Lederer"There once was a time when all people believed in God and the church ruled. This time was called the Dark Ages
Quote from: "Demosthenes"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true.
Quote from: "Oscar Wilde"Truth, in matters of religion, is simpl

karadan

It looks like all comments have to be reviewed before being submitted under the vid. I doubt he'll let the one i just typed get through.

I might do a video response tonight.
QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.

McQ

He used the number of animals in existence today. He forgot all of the extinct species of animals, like dinosaurs, etc. Or were they evil, and hence, did not survive the flood?
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

TheJackel

Quote from: "McQ"He used the number of animals in existence today. He forgot all of the extinct species of animals, like dinosaurs, etc. Or were they evil, and hence, did not survive the flood?

The Ark story is a failure anyways.. A world flood is actually impossible unless the planets surface sunk or flattened out below sea level.. In fact, even if you melted all the ice on the North and South poles, the sea level would only rise 250FT above sea level. Worse yet, the amount of rain that would be needed to fall in such a short time period would require the entire planets source of water to be in the sky all at once!.. And it gets better, it would have to add water to do it! The rain would not be rain, it would literally have to be a literal water fall!.. This storm would make the perfect storm or a Category 5 hurricane look like a sunny day!. The waves this storm would make would far exceed any recorded waves that have taken down ships nearly 3 times the size of the 450ft ark estimation.. A wood boat would be lucky to survive a 30 foot rogue wave vs 70-133ft waves that have been on record... Even if you gave these morons the Titanic, it probably would have sunk!

And logically, for a supposed all powerful god that "created" the Universe, why would he see the need to drown every living thing vs snapping his fingers and making them vanish in the most humane manner possible?.. I'm sure all the babies in the world would love to just drown to death.. This story is so wrong on so many levels that it boggles the mind as what kind of stupidity it would require to believe it.

karadan

The comments have started rolling in on that vid. The guy is rather deluded, judging by the stuff he's posted already. Check out his comments about fresh water animals.
None of my comments have got through yet. I'll keep spamming them though :)
QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.

Faradaympp

*facepalm*
Quote from: "TheJackel"Worse yet, the amount of rain that would be needed to fall in such a short time period would require the entire planets source of water to be in the sky all at once!.. And it gets better, it would have to add water to do it! The rain would not be rain, it would literally have to be a literal water fall!.. This storm would make the perfect storm or a Category 5 hurricane look like a sunny day!
And really I don't care how boyant people say that thing was, it would have leaks and all that water would have sunk it.  :brick:
"It's ironic that a god who created intelligent beings would want their blind devotion."-Anonymous

CAUTION-Staring at burning bushes may cause blindness. ;)

skwurll

I laughed insanely hard at that. It's surprising to see people believe in this stuff.

The sad thing is, you can point out all the flaws in a believer's logic, and they'll just ignore you. I would know, I was extremely religious for over half my life. I kept on just ignoring all the flaws in the bible, thinking that there was no way I was wrong. Until the inconsistencies piled up to such an extreme level that I couldn't ignore it any longer. It was only then, that I began to even consider I was wrong.

My point is, religious people will cling to their beliefs even if given a large amount of evidence that contradicts their religion.