News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Welcome the crazy bird lady!

Started by Birdcrazy, March 08, 2010, 11:31:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Birdcrazy

Hi, I'm an ornithologist in training hoping to get into grad school.

Science helped me pull out of the trap of fundamentalist Christianity. I already go to an ex-Christian site, now I would love to see what this site has to offer.  :headbang:

pinkocommie

Welcome to the forum, Birdcrazy!  I look forward to your posts AND to the opportunity to shorten your name to 'bird' when responding to them, which reminds me of Snuffoluffogus in casual conversation with Big Bird and makes me smile.  Bonus points for you!
Ubi dubium ibi libertas: Where there is doubt, there is freedom.
http://alliedatheistalliance.blogspot.com/

elliebean

Hi Birdcrazy!

Welcome to the forum, from a fellow former fundy to a feathery future friend  :D
[size=150]â€"Ellie [/size]
You can’t lie to yourself. If you do you’ve only fooled a deluded person and where’s the victory in that?â€"Ricky Gervais

McQ

Welcome to the forum. Thanks for introducing yourself.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

karadan

Welcome to the forum!

My favourite bird is the Pied Wagtail. I just love their awesome matchstick legs and how they like to run in front of waves :)
QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.

kelltrill

Hi there Birdcrazy :)

Since we're on the bird-train... My favourite bird is the hadida.
"Faith is generally nothing more than the permission religious people give to one another to believe things strongly without evidence."

notself

Welcome, Birdcrazy,

I worked in a wildlife center by the beach for a couple of years.  My favorite sea bird is the Northern Fulmar.  They are smart and gregarious and smell wonderful. Although, I wouldn't want one in my home because the smell tends to linger.  Second runner up is the Brown Pelican.

My favorite land bird is the House Finch; elegant, smart, strong willed and wonderful parents.  

What is your favorite bird (s).

Birdcrazy

Oh, I like the birds I have studies, like Cardinals and Acadian Flycatchers