News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

"I wish it worked for me"...

Started by Sophus, February 21, 2010, 10:16:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Typist

Quote from: "pinkocommie"At some point it's our fault for still reacting to what he says as if it's worth paying attention to.

She said, while still reacting to what he says....

elliebean

Quote from: "Typist"When we run out of logic to use to address the post, why not change the topic to the poster, and see if that works???

But it does work; I can prove it! lol
[size=150]â€"Ellie [/size]
You can’t lie to yourself. If you do you’ve only fooled a deluded person and where’s the victory in that?â€"Ricky Gervais

i_am_i

Quote from: "Typist"
Quote from: "pinkocommie"At some point it's our fault for still reacting to what he says as if it's worth paying attention to.

She said, while still reacting to what he says....

This is not reacting to anything you've said. Rather, it's admonishing us to pay you no furthur attention, which I intend to start doing RIGHT...NOW.
Call me J

Sapere aude

Typist

Quote from: "elliebean"But it does work; I can prove it! lol

Yes, you can, because you're right, it does work.    

At least it works when the original poster is an ego soaked sucker like me.   I keep letting them get away with changing the subject from the post to the poster, to the hide the fact they can't keep up within the actual discussion.  My bad, nobody else to blame.

Typist

Quote from: "i_am_i"This is not reacting to anything you've said. Rather, it's admonishing us to pay you no furthur attention, which I intend to start doing RIGHT...NOW.

Ok J, fair enough.   Now let's see if you are actually loyal to your own declarations.

A little game...

The next time you reply to one of my posts....

You lose.

Ready, set, go!

Typist

See Ellie, I did it again, immediately.  There's no hope for me...  :-)

Ihateusernames

Lets play a game... Guess who this is!----->
To all the 'Golden Rule' moralists out there:

If a masochist follows the golden rule and harms you, are they being 'good'? ^_^

i_am_i

Actually this is all quite fascinating, in a perverse sort of way.
Call me J

Sapere aude

Tanker

Quote from: "pinkocommie"Don't feed the troll guys, that's all I'm saying.  If someone proves themselves disingenuous, conversation with that person will often become an exercise in futility.  At some point it's our fault for still reacting to what he says as if it's worth paying attention to.  Typist isn't looking for conversation, he's looking for a soapbox.

Seconded
"I'd rather die the go to heaven" - William Murderface Murderface  Murderface-

I've been in fox holes, I'm still an atheist -Me-

God is a cake, and we all know what the cake is.

(my spelling, grammer, and punctuation suck, I know, but regardless of how much I read they haven't improved much since grade school. It's actually a bit of a family joke.

Typist

There is super simple solution to this, which we can all agree on.   If we don't wish to read and reply to somebody's posts, we don't read and reply to somebody's posts.  Free scroll bars with every order!

Nobody is forcing us to read any post.  There is no obligation to do so.  Each of us is fully in control of, and thus responsible for, our own experience on any internet forum.

There is no problem.   Unless we wish to create one.

Ihateusernames

To all the 'Golden Rule' moralists out there:

If a masochist follows the golden rule and harms you, are they being 'good'? ^_^

AssassinGrl

No I don't really wish it worked for me. But then again I don't wish to be brain damaged either. Might change my mind on both accounts if I ever decide to run for office, though...

McQ

Quote from: "Typist"There is super simple solution to this, which we can all agree on.   If we don't wish to read and reply to somebody's posts, we don't read and reply to somebody's posts.  Free scroll bars with every order!

Nobody is forcing us to read any post.  There is no obligation to do so.  Each of us is fully in control of, and thus responsible for, our own experience on any internet forum.

There is no problem.   Unless we wish to create one.

Typist, there is a problem, and as I judge it, you have created it and are continuing to foster it. This post is an informal request by me to you to knock off the baiting that you've been engaging in, read this forum's rules, and play nice.

As for other who are rising to take the bait, please don't. Keep this forum free from childish name calling. Thanks.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Typist

Quote from: "McQ"Typist, there is a problem, and as I judge it, you have created it and are continuing to foster it. This post is an informal request by me to you to knock off the baiting that you've been engaging in, read this forum's rules, and play nice.

As for other who are rising to take the bait, please don't. Keep this forum free from childish name calling. Thanks.

McQ, can you see that your post here actually contains nothing more than just an assertion?   You haven't defined what the problem is, or defended your definition.  You haven't explained how I alone created this problem.  You haven't explained why my post continues to foster whatever the problem is, but yours doesn't.   You're asking us to play nice, and not to bait, but you've just baited me, and accused me of things you decline to define.

I don't mind.  I'm not a victim.  

You have every right to say whatever you want.

And that's all I'm doing too.

Again, nobody is obligated to read any post on this forum.  What is so complicated about that?

McQ

Quote from: "Typist"
Quote from: "McQ"Typist, there is a problem, and as I judge it, you have created it and are continuing to foster it. This post is an informal request by me to you to knock off the baiting that you've been engaging in, read this forum's rules, and play nice.

McQ, can you see that your post here actually contains nothing more than just an assertion?   You haven't defined what the problem is, or defended your definition.  You haven't explained how I alone created this problem.  You haven't explained why my post continues to foster whatever the problem is, but yours doesn't.   You're asking us to play nice, and not to bait, but you've just baited me, and accused me of things you decline to define.

I don't mind.  I'm not a victim.  

You have every right to say whatever you want.

And that's all I'm doing too.

Again, nobody is obligated to read any post on this forum.  What is so complicated about that?

This is not up for discussion or debate. Do you understand that, Typist? Yes or no.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette