News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Scrybe with a Y, because I'm goth like that.

Started by Scrybe, March 22, 2007, 07:32:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scrybe

Hello all you happy people!  My name's Josh.  I was invited here by anonymous poster on my blog.  At first I didn't feel like coming, but now I do.  I'm not sure why exactly.  I'm a happy theist, and I don't preach.  (Unless I'm asked…. Which I don't think has ever happened.)  I suppose I'd just like to soak in the culture of your happy hot-tub for a while and get to know some atheists.  I like learning what makes people tick.  Not that discovering what makes ME tick is less important or intriguing, but hey, I'm not a solipsist.

Here are a few fun facts about me:

1.   I can fall down stairs without getting hurt.

2.   I make levels for the semi-popular computer MMO, Guild Wars.

3.   I have a wife and two sons, ages 7 and 10.

4.   My favorite movies are LOTR, Spirited Away, The Princess Bride, and UHF.

5.   I love doomy, deathy, gothy music, yet I'm usually very upbeat and happy.  Weird, huh?

So yeah, there you go.  I'm about as easy-going as they come, so please don't read any of my comments or questions as attacks on your beliefs.  I'm really just curious.  Honest.
"Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions." ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes

MommaSquid

Welcome to the forum, Scrybe.  

Since you're new here, you might want to read some of our introduction threads.

BTW, I also enjoy LOTR and The Princess Bride.

SteveS

Hello Scrybe.  I loved the Princess Bride ("That is the sound of ultimate suffering", hahaha.)

Squid

Hola.

Eclecticsaturn

hello and welcome to the site.

Whitney

Welcome to the forum, Josh.

MattC

Welcome, Josh!