News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Homo Futurus- tomorrow's humans

Started by RamseyRam, February 07, 2010, 08:43:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RamseyRam

I stumbled upon an excellent and fascinating documentary discussing the evolution of humans- past, present, and future. What do you think?

http://documentaryheaven.com/homo-futurus/

AlP

Interesting documentary. I watched the first 30 minutes. First, I checked the credibility of the sources. The primary source in this case is the paleontologist Anne-Dambricourt Malassé. This is a link to an English translation of her French wikipedia entry. There is no entry in the English language wikipedia. There seems to be considerable controversy among experts regarding here ideas.
QuoteNon-Darwinian Theory

The synthetic theory of evolution explains the appearance of new characters by random copying errors during DNA replication.

There are however a minority of researchers making a critique of Darwinism. Anne Dambricourt Malassé is among those who propose to explain the changes by refusing to let the dominant role to chance.

Anne Dambricourt aims to highlight the strange attractor governing the development, echoing the thesis of the "Omega Point" of Teilhard de Chardin. It proposes to appoint the new type of strange attractor she says she highlighted "attractor hamon. As Teilhard de Chardin himself, she introduced the attractor as potentially having a meaning in theology.

It is supported in this effort by the Interdisciplinary University of Paris (UIP), but his detractors believe that it is precisely because it supports such theories that the IPU promotes pseudo-science
The documentary did not fairly represent the point of view of experts who disagree. I didn't continue watching the video or do any further analysis.
"I rebel -- therefore we exist." - Camus