News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Hello

Started by AntonyR, March 15, 2007, 10:13:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AntonyR

Hi - my name is Antony and I have been an Atheist all my life, but have just recently found my true sense of atheism after reading the God Delusion at Christmas.  I have been posting on the Richard Dawkins forum for a couple of months and decided to branch out to other forums.

Nice to 'meet' you all.

Antony
If you want to take a break from the discussion and take action, please go to...
Atheist Action Central

Whitney

hey Antony, welcome to the forum.

Squid

Welcome aboard.

Eclecticsaturn

hello. welcome.

Tom62

Welcome Antony.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Kestrel

Good to see you, Antony. Enjoy!
The thing that I call living is just being satisfied, with knowing I've got no one left to blame. - Gordon Lightfoot

McQ

Yo, Antony! Welcome. Glad to have you here.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

SteveS

Hi Antony.  I got the God Delusion as a Christmas gift from one of my brothers (who is also an atheist).  Seems funny how many of these books probably sold at Christmas, hahaha.

MrE2Me

Actually, I used an Xmas gift card to purchase The God Delusion, so count me among the blasphemers!  Great book.

Welcome, Antony.
[size=92]I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours. - Stephen Roberts[/size]

AntonyR

Thanks for the welcome - much appreciated.

Having read the God Delusion, I then purchased Sam Harris's book "The End of Faith" which is an excellent book.  

Good to be here.

Antony
If you want to take a break from the discussion and take action, please go to...
Atheist Action Central

AntonyR

Hi all, just wanted to let you know that...

Atheist Action Central has just gone international, and I am looking for a volunteer from each country other than the UK to help keep their country's actions up-to-date.

Those from non-english speaking countries can change the language of their page to the native language to help communication and inspire action. If your country is not yet listed, I will add it if someone will volunteer from that country to support it.

Thanks

Antony
Atheist Action Central

Whitney

Antony, if someone doesn't volunteer for the US sometime soon the rational response squad keeps up to date on things going on here and would probably be more than happy to help.  I'm usually clueless about what is going on unless someone tells me so I wouldn't be much help.