News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Atheist, Liberal, and Artistic Newbie

Started by brainshmain, March 15, 2007, 07:38:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brainshmain

Hi guys, my name is Sky and I just joined.  I'm a 19 year old college student and militant atheist.  I love to debate people and have actually never joined a forum where the majority agreed with me.  I usually join forums of christians, homophobes, neo-nazis etc.  Because I love debating them.  Anyway, I'd love to finally talk to some people who share my views.  Can't wait to meet you guys!

Tom62

Welcome to the club Sky!
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

donkeyhoty

We accept her!  One of us! One of us!
"Feminism encourages women to leave their husbands, kill their children, practice witchcraft, destroy capitalism and become lesbians."  - Pat Robertson

Kestrel

Welcome, brainshmain.
No shortage of like minded folks here.

Enjoy!
The thing that I call living is just being satisfied, with knowing I've got no one left to blame. - Gordon Lightfoot

McQ

Welcome, Brainshmain. Thanks for sharing that intro. Militant, eh? Come on, put 'em up! Put 'em up!

:lol:

Seriously, welcome and join the fun. Just be careful where you point that thing, I don't want any friendly fire casualties!
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

brainshmain

When I say militant, I mean passionate and doubtless.  I heard someone use the term 'militant atheist' and I kinda stole it.

Squid

Hola and welcome aboard.  What are you majoring in?

Whitney

hey brainshmain, welcome to the forum.

brainshmain

Quote from: "Squid"Hola and welcome aboard.  What are you majoring in?

Art.   :wink:

Squid

Cool, I was an art major for a year and a half when I first started college.  A few years later, I'm working on my grad degree in neuroscience...just a slight change.

brainshmain

Quote from: "Squid"Cool, I was an art major for a year and a half when I first started college.  A few years later, I'm working on my grad degree in neuroscience...just a slight change.

Funny, I started out a a science major.
I went to a huge (over 10,000 undergrad) university straight after highschool to study marine biology or zoology, but ended up having an epiphany that I really wanted to be an artist and moving back home to go to a small college.  What was your medium?

Squid

I wasnt too keen on painting I did all my best stuff in just plain old pencil.

SteveS

Hello brainshmain.  I knew "militant atheist" was familiar to me from somewhere, I watched a free cable movie (on FearNet, I think) call "MidNight Mass", where the description said a militant atheist and a defrocked Catholic priest formed unlikely allies to battle off a vampire invasion.  Yeah ... if you get a chance to see it, you might want to pass.  Who could have thought it would be that bad?  :roll:

brainshmain

Quote from: "SteveS"Hello brainshmain.  I knew "militant atheist" was familiar to me from somewhere, I watched a free cable movie (on FearNet, I think) call "MidNight Mass", where the description said a militant atheist and a defrocked Catholic priest formed unlikely allies to battle off a vampire invasion.  Yeah ... if you get a chance to see it, you might want to pass.  Who could have thought it would be that bad?  :roll:

I think the fact that they capitalized the 'n' in the middle of 'midnight' is a clue.   :lol:

donkeyhoty

SteveS, I saw that SHIT, and yes shit needs to be all caps regarding that movie.  I encourage everyone to see it.  It's so bad it will make you appreciate the fact that you are not as incompetent as the people that made this drivel.

Also the militant atheist repents at the end, (funny, but you probably wont make it that long watching it)
"Feminism encourages women to leave their husbands, kill their children, practice witchcraft, destroy capitalism and become lesbians."  - Pat Robertson