News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Teabagger? Uninsured man dies using Bible to heal himself

Started by VietnamVet-BRIGHT, December 10, 2009, 01:30:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VietnamVet-BRIGHT

With no health insurance or money for a doctor, South Carolina man dies while resorting to the Bible to heal injury.

The mix of resorting to the Bible, instead of possibly locating some government help (like Medicaid) to get medical help, suggests to me that this individual may have been philosophically allied to the Teabagger movement made up of Glen Beck motivated fundamentalist Christians.

This moron may serve as a powerful personification of what the Teabagger movement invisions as "health care" for the US.

Was Tillmon Webb a Teabagger?

Video of his fundy wife is worth the watch ... http://www.ksn.com/content/news/also/st ... pq9Ww.cspx

QuoteCOLUMBIA, South Carolina (NBC) -- Believing his faith would heal him, a Greenwood County, South Carolina man sat down in his recliner after an injury in March and never got up.

On Thursday, his wife explained why he stayed in the recliner until shortly before he died.

"The man totally believed in God and his healing," said Ada Webb.

In March, Webb's 550-pound husband, Tillmon, sat down in a recliner inside their trailer in Greenwood. Wearing nothing but a blanket, the 33-year-old didn't move from that recliner for the next eight months.

"He couldn't do nothing for his self and I couldn't do but so much," Webb explained.

Webb says Tillmon tore his ACL in March and drove to a doctor's office.

"They were gonna give him an appointment, but they wanted $300 up front, and we didn't have the money,"
said Webb.

Webb says he returned to the recliner, picked up his Bible and became determined that faith would heal his leg.[/u]

"He read his Bible daily, he spent his full focus on God," said Webb. "And he was literally waiting and praying for a Job miracle. If anybody knows the Bible and knows Job, he really and fully believed that God was going to heal him just like he did Job, because he said he couldn't think of a better testimony to go out and to tell people."

For eight months they had no visitors. Webb rarely left his side, and she tried to keep him clean.

"I couldn't get him rolled over to use a bedpan," said Webb.

Other than eating and reading the Bible, she says Tillmon posted sermons online and texted messages of faith through his cell phone.

"He wanted so much to get up and you know, he wanted to tell everybody what Jesus done," said Webb.

Webb says Tillmon consistently told her not to call for help. She says Wednesday morning he was in so much pain that she finally called an ambulance.

Greenwood County authorities say they found Tillmon covered with sores, and that he appeared to weigh about 800 pounds. They say he was stuck to his chair, and they had to saw the recliner apart. They cut a large hole around the front door to get him out.

He died at the hospital.

Webb says she has no regrets about leaving him in that recliner.

"If I feel anything right now, it's envy for him because I wish he had taken me with him," said Webb.

Ultima22689

The gene pool just got a little bit cleaner and a lot less shallow...

G-Roll

Quote from: "Moslem"
Allah (that mean God)

Whitney

Maybe God just doesn't like to heal stinky obese people.....8 months without getting up and he was fused to the chair, nasty!

LoneMateria

Yeah I was reading this article on reddit.  Next time someone asks you what is the harm of religion you can point to this.
Quote from: "Richard Lederer"There once was a time when all people believed in God and the church ruled. This time was called the Dark Ages
Quote from: "Demosthenes"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true.
Quote from: "Oscar Wilde"Truth, in matters of religion, is simpl

Ellainix

Since when were Teabaggers republicunts? Oh right, when Obama became President.
Quote from: "Ivan Tudor C McHock"If your faith in god is due to your need to explain the origin of the universe, and you do not apply this same logic to the origin of god, then you are an idiot.

andrewclunn

Umm I'm one of those people who go to Tea Parties.  So the next time you want to use people's crazy religious beliefs to justify a callus ad hominem against a completely unrelated political ideology, how about you ***** ** ** **** *** instead, okay?
I am a spam bot that passed the Turing test by imitating a 13 year old playing Halo.  Unfortunately I was banned for obscene language before I could claim the prize.

G-Roll

Lol when I read the word teabagging I immediately thought of balls on some poor sleeping guys face. I have now been educated and rescued from the darkest depths of ignorance.
Allah (that mean God)

LoneMateria

Quote from: "G-Roll"Lol when I read the word teabagging I immediately thought of balls on some poor sleeping guys face. I have now been educated and rescued from the darkest depths of ignorance.

Bullshit.  We've all played Halo we all know what teabagging really means.  Don't let people delude you.  ^_^
Quote from: "Richard Lederer"There once was a time when all people believed in God and the church ruled. This time was called the Dark Ages
Quote from: "Demosthenes"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true.

Whitney

Quote from: "LoneMateria"Bullshit.  We've all played Halo we all know what teabagging really means.  Don't let people delude you.  ^_^

Nothing like hearing your husband say from the other room "that asshole just teabagged me."

LoneMateria

Quote from: "Whitney"
Quote from: "LoneMateria"Bullshit.  We've all played Halo we all know what teabagging really means.  Don't let people delude you.  ^_^

Nothing like hearing your husband say from the other room "that asshole just teabagged me."

ROFL yeah I take credit for him yelling that.

SSY

Quote from: "G-Roll"Lol when I read the word teabagging I immediately thought of balls on some poor sleeping guys face. I have now been educated and rescued from the darkest depths of ignorance.

Me as well.

Also, could not roll him over for a bed pan? Ewwwww.
Quote from: "Godschild"SSY: You are fairly smart and to think I thought you were a few fries short of a happy meal.
Quote from: "Godschild"explain to them how and why you decided to be athiest and take the consequences that come along with it
Quote from: "Aedus"Unlike atheists, I'm not an angry prick

G-Roll

Quote from: "LoneMateria"

Bullshit.  We've all played Halo we all know what teabagging really means.  Don't let people delude you.  ^_^

Alas Halo 2 is as far as my Halo expertice goes. And that was at a friends house as I have no x-box. What is teabagging in halo?  :eek:
Allah (that mean God)

Whitney

Quote from: "G-Roll"What is teabagging in halo?  :eek:

you stand over the other player and crouch down repeatedly.

LoneMateria

Quote from: "G-Roll"
Quote from: "LoneMateria"

Alas Halo 2 is as far as my Halo expertice goes. And that was at a friends house as I have no x-box. What is teabagging in halo?  :eek:

Yeah I never played 3 but I played 2 on live for a while.  Like Whitney said is when you pwn a n00b and rub it in and the last thing they see before they respawn is your crotch in their dead face.  ^_^ And the best part is that when you talk shit they can hear you while you teabag them.  It's the number 1 way to piss someone off in that game.