News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

British Muslim MP gets pelted with eggs.

Started by karadan, December 01, 2009, 11:29:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

karadan

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/8387331.stm?ls

I thought she handled this situation very well. She was entirely correct in my opinion. The pig-ignorant scum who said she 'wasn't muslim enough' only represent the absolute minority, fortunately.

I can't decide whether the problem is getting worse or better. There are small pockets of real hardline nutters in the UK but they seem to be well surveilled by the security services. I know many would say our civil liberties have been infringed because of the anti-terrorism laws but to be honest, we've not had another bombing like 7/7 even though many others have been planned.

I just find it hard to deal with the fact that these people live in my country, deliberately show their contempt for anything non-muslim and still live off our benefit system and have full use of the NHS and any other perk that comes with being British.

People like this disgust me:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiU-Vaq6PRg

To be honest, i think the UK is paying for being a little too liberal in the past. We seem to have let enclaves grow within the country so that you get the 'Londonistan' effect. I'm all for multiculturalism but i don't think letting people create a chunk of their own country in yours to be a good idea, because all-of-a-sudden, you get people screaming for Sharia law be the law for all muslims (which is happening). That isn't what the UK is. we should be an inclusive nation which lets immigrants know that they have to abide by our laws and that they no longer live in their country of origin.

Maybe we need to toughen up as a country. Stop trying to be so bloody nice to everyone.

What do you guys think? Will this situation get worse in the future (doesn't need to just be the UK - i know the Dutch have very similar issues) or do you think we are capable of handling it so that people start to chill the hell out? I'm hoping for the latter but i'm not too confident. :(
QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.

SSY

Unfortunately, I don't see a solution coming in the short term. In previous waves of migration, the arrivals held on to their customs etc, and this was then diluted as the generations went on, conforming more to British social norms. However, I don't think this this will be the case for ever.

For example, with Muslims, they not only have their own religion and culture that goes along with it, but they also tend to bring over a lot of their countrymen, for the purposes of marriage, this continuing influx of people from Muslim countries will retard the integration of the ones already here. Also, due to differing birth rates, the aforementioned influx of people, it seems as though the relative populations are going to change, which will of course further retard integration, by means of larger and larger minorities able to sustain to their own communities in isolation from the country at large.

Unfortunately, even now I fear it is too late to really do anything about it, once they're here, sending them back, as a lot of people would advocate is not really an option, and forced integration is not really an option. The government seems to have a very curious attitude to tensions as well, on the one hand, they make efforts to suppress the radicalisation of Muslims, and on the other, seem to wage a PC war against anything that may offend them.

Oh, and for the record, when I read the title, I assumed it would be some racist thugs pelting her for being brown, me and my misconceptions.
Quote from: "Godschild"SSY: You are fairly smart and to think I thought you were a few fries short of a happy meal.
Quote from: "Godschild"explain to them how and why you decided to be athiest and take the consequences that come along with it
Quote from: "Aedus"Unlike atheists, I'm not an angry prick

OldGit

Quote from: "SSY"Oh, and for the record, when I read the title, I assumed it would be some racist thugs pelting her for being brown, me and my misconceptions.
Me, too. This way round it's kind of ironic, don't you think? :hmm:

karadan

Quote from: "OldGit"
Quote from: "SSY"Oh, and for the record, when I read the title, I assumed it would be some racist thugs pelting her for being brown, me and my misconceptions.
Me, too. This way round it's kind of ironic, don't you think? :hmm:

I made that mistake before watching the video as well.
She represents all that is good with muticulturalism. The Muslim community in the UK could do with more like her. We need an outspoken modrate majority to help get the radicals out.
QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.