News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

FOX News: Jesus image appears on iron

Started by VietnamVet-BRIGHT, November 28, 2009, 12:57:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VietnamVet-BRIGHT

Another case of stupid brainwashed people making national news ...

Quotethe image looks like Jesus and is proof that "he's listening."

Quote from: "FOX News"Massachusetts Woman Sees Image of Jesus on Her Iron

METHUEN, Mass. â€"  A Massachusetts woman who recently separated from her husband, had her hours at work cut, and moved into an apartment, says an image of Jesus Christ she sees on her iron has reassured her that "life is going to be good."

Mary Jo Coady first noticed the image on Sunday when she walked into her daughter's room.

The brownish residue on the bottom of the iron looks like the face of a man with long hair.

The 44-year-old Coady, who was raised Catholic, and her two college-age daughters agree that the image looks like Jesus and is proof that "he's listening."

Coady tells The Eagle-Tribune she hopes her story will inspire others during the holidays. She says she plans to keep the iron in a closet and buy a new one.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,577226,00.html

Will

Jesus Christ, you burned my dress shirt!!  :rant:
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

Tanker

That picture does look like God but not Jesus. The 2 steam holes at the top look like the eys on top of a steaming pile of Marinara covered, stachy goodness, that is our lord the great FSM. Yay I can play the humans-are-good-at-patern-recognition-game too.
"I'd rather die the go to heaven" - William Murderface Murderface  Murderface-

I've been in fox holes, I'm still an atheist -Me-

God is a cake, and we all know what the cake is.

(my spelling, grammer, and punctuation suck, I know, but regardless of how much I read they haven't improved much since grade school. It's actually a bit of a family joke.

Ellainix

It also looks like a old woman and a Russian nesting doll.
Quote from: "Ivan Tudor C McHock"If your faith in god is due to your need to explain the origin of the universe, and you do not apply this same logic to the origin of god, then you are an idiot.

OldGit

Why can none of you blind unbelievers see it?
It's the scalped head of Gen. George Custer the day after the battle of the Little Big Horn.
It means we be all doomed. :eek:

MariaEvri

God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

OldGit

Big Mac

I see Weird Al.

Technically they're both Jews....imagine if Jesus looked like him or Woody Allen, that'd be hilarious. The irony of a religion that spawned the Nazis, KKK, etc. had a physically unattractive (yes, I know, Jesus said to look past that) Jewish man as their inspiration.
Quote from: "PoopShoot"And what if pigs shit candy?

Whitney

buttercupbaby

Looked a bit like George Washington to me.
If we evolved from a lower life form, why are there still  creationists?  

OldGit

Quote from: "Whitney"http://friendlyatheist.com/2009/12/01/iron-flying-spaghetti-monster/

Over on the FSM Forum, they're claiming this as our Noodly Lord.  With good reason, to my mind.

Big Mac

RAMEN!!!! His noodly appendage touches us all...but not in the bad place.

Imagine the money and energy (not to mention time) spent on this crap that could be used to build homes, feed hungry children, cure diseases, and relieve the impoverished people of the world. I don't remember reading in the bible that Jesus would come back as images on our modern day appliances.

I can see it now:

"Ye of faith listen, I shall return on an iron with a built in steamer."

"A what, father?"

"Just write it down 30 years after I die that I will appear on an electric iron in the year 2009 CE...."

"You're the boss, Jesus!"
Quote from: "PoopShoot"And what if pigs shit candy?