News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Androids are on the way!

Started by Ultima22689, October 27, 2009, 06:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ultima22689

Look at this robot here. Look how well it walks, imagine how advanced this will probably be in 10 years? It already walks very human, the singularity is on schedule. :P (please don't burn me for loving Kurzweil, thought the comment was a nice touch. XD)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67CUudkj ... _embedded#

LoneMateria

Nice.  I never understood why you would want robots to have bi-pedal locomotion.  You would think you could find a better/more stable type of locomotion.
Quote from: "Richard Lederer"There once was a time when all people believed in God and the church ruled. This time was called the Dark Ages
Quote from: "Demosthenes"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true.
Quote from: "Oscar Wilde"Truth, in matters of religion, is simpl

Ultima22689

Quote from: "LoneMateria"Nice.  I never understood why you would want robots to have bi-pedal locomotion.  You would think you could find a better/more stable type of locomotion.

True but I would rather have two legs in the future.

Ninteen45

Why not 3? Or none, just a wheel!
Now I can be re-gognizod!

Renegnicat

This could have more applications than just android's walking.

Hot Damn, GUNDAMS!!!  :rant: [/size]
[size=135]The best thing to do is reflect, understand, apreciate, and consider.[/size]

LoneMateria

We should realistically have that technology soon.  I'm surprised we don't have some giant spider machine like in Wild Wild West.
Quote from: "Richard Lederer"There once was a time when all people believed in God and the church ruled. This time was called the Dark Ages
Quote from: "Demosthenes"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true.
Quote from: "Oscar Wilde"Truth, in matters of religion, is simpl