News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Creation Museum

Started by LoneMateria, October 17, 2009, 12:09:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LoneMateria

http://web.mit.edu/gjordan/www/creation/slides/_DSC2310.html

Above is the link to more then 40 photos taken from the creation museum.  I'm pretty sure the person who took these photos is an atheist (though he could be a non-fundamentalist Christian).  At the bottom of some of the photographs is a small description of what you are witnessing.  At the very end is a video that I couldn't get to play.  I always wondered what crazy shit was said in the Creation Museum and now I know.

Tell me what you think of this lol
Quote from: "Richard Lederer"There once was a time when all people believed in God and the church ruled. This time was called the Dark Ages
Quote from: "Demosthenes"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true.
Quote from: "Oscar Wilde"Truth, in matters of religion, is simpl

Whitney

It's good to know that they think God gave creatures the ability to [strike:3ecjsyr1]evolve[/strike:3ecjsyr1] recover.

Dragon legends as an explanation for dinosaurs after the flood...:D

#38 is reaching.  Is it common for humans to be buried with crocodiles, no...buried in the same layer, yes.

#39...ah, there's the kid with the dino; why is s/he not scared?

I can't get the video, that must be on slide 43, to display.

LoneMateria

At least its not a problem with my compie.  Yeah the explanations are ridiculous.  I wonder if any of the people who created it or patron it have ever picked up a book about evolution.  I was hoping for some primitive dinosaur hunters somewhere in there, or maybe Fred Flinstone lol.  I thought it was funny that all the dinosaurs that made it onto Noah's Arc were supposedly no bigger then a sheep.  I guess T-Rex evolved later then died out according to them.
Quote from: "Richard Lederer"There once was a time when all people believed in God and the church ruled. This time was called the Dark Ages
Quote from: "Demosthenes"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true.

McQ

He did a good job getting photos of the place.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Ultima22689

Wow, there are some profoundly stupid people in this world and this is what happens when they get money.  :brick:

drew

Awesome link... a fantastic view into the creationist worldview... to my shame I can remember promulgating this stuff...

Cheers,

Drew.

Ellainix

Quote from: "Ivan Tudor C McHock"If your faith in god is due to your need to explain the origin of the universe, and you do not apply this same logic to the origin of god, then you are an idiot.

Ninteen45

The video is of the pirates working on the ark making fun of noah.
Now I can be re-gognizod!

susangail

Oh wow I'd heard of this place but to be honest I really didn't think it was legit...oh boy... roflol
When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and let the world wonder how you did it.

SSY

Does anyone have that article where the Christians dressed up as atheists and went to the creation museum, and then they recalled the way in which they were treated? Always thought it was a compelling account, made better by the disbelief and realisation of the Christians writing it.
Quote from: "Godschild"SSY: You are fairly smart and to think I thought you were a few fries short of a happy meal.
Quote from: "Godschild"explain to them how and why you decided to be athiest and take the consequences that come along with it
Quote from: "Aedus"Unlike atheists, I'm not an angry prick

Ellainix

Quote from: "SSY"Does anyone have that article where the Christians dressed up as atheists and went to the creation museum, and then they recalled the way in which they were treated? Always thought it was a compelling account, made better by the disbelief and realisation of the Christians writing it.

:hmm:
Quote from: "Ivan Tudor C McHock"If your faith in god is due to your need to explain the origin of the universe, and you do not apply this same logic to the origin of god, then you are an idiot.

hismikeness

I just want to go to this place, find a free way in so I don't support the stupid, and belly laugh at every exhibit and sign. Just point and laugh throughout the whole thing.

I mean Jesus... that is some brutal stuff in there.  lol

Hismikeness
No churches have free wifi because they don't want to compete with an invisible force that works.

When the alien invasion does indeed happen, if everyone would just go out into the streets & inexpertly play the flute, they'll just go. -@UncleDynamite

LoneMateria

Quote from: "SSY"Does anyone have that article where the Christians dressed up as atheists and went to the creation museum, and then they recalled the way in which they were treated? Always thought it was a compelling account, made better by the disbelief and realisation of the Christians writing it.

I remember hearing about it.  Didn't that happen years ago?  I thought it was a couple of students who did it and they were treated poorly with people giving them dirty looks, being short with them or ignoring them and so on.  You never know what the other side goes through until you put yourself in their shoes.  I guess that experience gave those people a glimpse into our existence.  Who knows maybe it will have some profound effect on them.  Maybe they will realize we are constantly treated this way and it will clear up some misconceptions about us.

I don't remember who said it (I think I saw it in my quotable atheist book), "If you want to know who your real friends are then all you need to do is tell them you now believe the opposite of what you believe, if you are a Republican tell them you are now a Democrat if you are a Christian tell them you are an Atheist.  Your real friends will stick by you the rest won't."  (I think I captured the meaning but i'm pretty sure this isn't the actual quote)

SSY

My search foo is weak, some 285 atheists have visited it, which is blotting out all the other articles.

Very frustrating.
Quote from: "Godschild"SSY: You are fairly smart and to think I thought you were a few fries short of a happy meal.
Quote from: "Godschild"explain to them how and why you decided to be athiest and take the consequences that come along with it
Quote from: "Aedus"Unlike atheists, I'm not an angry prick

Reginus

Found something like this:
http://lunchboxsw.wordpress.com/2009/08 ... for-a-day/
"The greatest argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter." - Winston Churchill