News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Obama wins Peace Prize.

Started by Big Mac, October 09, 2009, 05:59:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Mac

Quote from: "Ultima22689"
Quote from: "Big Mac"
Quote from: "Will"Come on, snake oil? Hope and change are campaign terms, words just like those that John McCain, John Kerry, Al Gore, George W. Bush, Clinton, etc. all used. Those promises make him a politician, and I doubt anyone would be surprised to learn that a senator-turned-president is a politician.

President Obama is a moderate, and he's very fond of compromise. He never really pretended to be anything else. He never promised to leave Afghanistan or retract the entire Patriot Act. He never even promised single-payer. As a moderate, I expect about the same from President Obama as we got from President Carter. The fact that he's young, smart, empathetic, and leaps and bounds more progressive and capable than Bush really doesn't say much.

Carter was a failure president. We need a warrior-poet for president. A man who knows the horror of wars enough to know when to use military action but also a man who is intelligent enough to know how to use diplomacy. Obama is neither. He's a sheltered bubble-child who grew up being brain-washed by people around him that he is the answer to humanity's problems. I say we need a president who says, "Fuck this, fuck you world. Fend for yourself, we got our own problems here. You fix your own shit or kindly shut the fuck up/kiss our asses."

Anyone who wants to talk shit/interfere with us gets a week-long shelling courtesy of our well-funded (but sadly fucked with by congress) military.

I propose a Klingon/Romulan hybrid society.

Are you being funny or are you fucking insane?  :hmm:

Maybe it takes an insane mind to fight an insane world.....
Quote from: "PoopShoot"And what if pigs shit candy?

Will

If it's impossible for an atheist to be elected in 10 years, I'll just lie. I spent about 10 years of my life pretending to be Christian, a few extra years would be child's play. On inauguration day, I'll surprise everyone by taking the oath on a copy of the Constitution instead of some religious mythology. Since the crappy presidents have demonstrated you can't be held responsible for lying about campaign promises, I won't get too bent out of shape about it. Then I let my policies and results speak for themselves.

Then again, I'm not a multi-multi-millionaire, so it'd be tough to get nominated.
Quote from: "Big Mac"Why should gays be allowed to marry? Just because you like to have relations with the same sex does not make you special. Who's the guy who's going to ban the bullshit of marriage altogether?!? Fucking cowards!!!
It's about equal rights, not about whether or not the institution of marriage is legitimate or necessary. As long as marriage, and all of the social and legal mechanisms that come with it, exists, anyone in a consensual relationship should be able to marry. It's that simple.
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

Big Mac

Hey, we need to protect people from themselves. Marriage is a drug. Drugs are bad, mmmkay?

Ultima22689

Quote from: "Big Mac"Hey, we need to protect people from themselves. Marriage is a drug. Drugs are bad, mmmkay?

We don't need to protect anyone from themselves, what they do is their own choice, if people want to get married that should be their business, if they want to take drugs, that's their business, if they want to pray to some banana in the sky hoping he will heal their cancer that's their prerogative( a stupid one no less) you sound like a surly big brother, that's the last thing the world needs.

Big Mac

Quote from: "Big Mac"Hey, we need to protect people from themselves. Marriage is a drug. Drugs are bad, mmmkay?

We don't need to protect anyone from themselves, what they do is their own choice, if people want to get married that should be their business, if they want to take drugs, that's their business, if they want to pray to some banana in the sky hoping he will heal their cancer that's their prerogative( a stupid one no less) you sound like a surly big brother, that's the last thing the world needs.

No, we need to standardize the world as a narrow way of living. You get a job, you pay taxes, you do certain acceptable hobbies and when the mating season begins (every 7 years per Vulcan ritual) you mate without passion.

Disagree? You're a terrorist!!!

Ultima22689

No, we need to standardize the world as a narrow way of living. You get a job, you pay taxes, you do certain acceptable hobbies and when the mating season begins (every 7 years per Vulcan ritual) you mate without passion.

Disagree? You're a terrorist!!!

Nah, you're just outright crazy.

Big Mac

Quote from: "Ultima22689"Nah, you're just outright crazy.

Or maybe I am right so much it's scary. Why deal with this shit about right or left and just make it right or wrong? Why play this game when you can make your own up? Exactly.....I am king of teh internets.

AlP

Or maybe I am right so much it's scary. Why deal with this shit about right or left and just make it right or wrong? Why play this game when you can make your own up? Exactly.....I am king of teh internets.
Are we hearing the Chianti or the Pinot Noir?
Quote from: "Big Mac"Chianti and Pinot Noir are great to me.....I drank an entire bottle and feel buzzed. Much better than beer!
Anyways, here's the announcement with the reasons for Obama's award.
[youtube:v63e7vx6]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPCyDzoLDEc[/youtube:v63e7vx6]
"I rebel -- therefore we exist." - Camus

Big Mac

Quote from: "AlP"

Are we hearing the Chianti or the Pinot Noir?
Quote from: "Big Mac"Chianti and Pinot Noir are great to me.....I drank an entire bottle and feel buzzed. Much better than beer!
Anyways, here's the announcement with the reasons for Obama's award.
[youtube:rnfi0nc0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPCyDzoLDEc[/youtube:rnfi0nc0]

Heard it before, too much bullshit. I'm too smart for this shit. I'm better off when I drink. I try too hard to be a part of this stupid game humans make up. When I drink, that dies off for a while and the angry, pissed off, and awakened me emerges. Let the liberals suck obama off. He's just a pussy who's never struggled in his life so he has no cred. He's never gone a day worrying about rent/food/medical bills like me or other poor people. The elite bourgeoisie think they know what real struggle is, they know nothing. I say the working man rise up, smash the evil system and create a better society. I say let the shiftless wealthy feel the wrath of the workers of the world.

WORKERS UNITE!!!

McQ

Ok, enough of this childish crap. [BigMac[/b], as has already been noted by Will, you've been here a long time in the forum. Long enough to know that what you're doing is not in keeping with the forum rules. Also, Ultima, simply doing the name calling thing is likewise against forum rules.

This is a first warning to both of you to stop the BS and abide by the forum rules. [/color]
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Big Mac

Quote from: "McQ"Ok, enough of this childish crap. [BigMac[/b], as has already been noted by Will, you've been here a long time in the forum. Long enough to know that what you're doing is not in keeping with the forum rules. Also, Ultima, simply doing the name calling thing is likewise against forum rules.

This is a first warning to both of you to stop the BS and abide by the forum rules. [/color]

They see me trollin', they hatin', trying to catch me ridin' dirty!!!!

Sheesh, alright guys, I'll stop with this shit. Fuck, it was meant to be a joke!!!

AlP

Good night Big Mac. Hope the hangover isn't bad tomorrow =).
"I rebel -- therefore we exist." - Camus

Big Mac

Quote from: "AlP"Good night Big Mac. Hope the hangover isn't bad tomorrow =).

I'm sober, dawg!!!!

Will

Rachal Maddow has made a very compelling case for Obama deserving the Nobel Prize. I have to admit, she's changed my mind on the subject:
[youtube:3tjzx5er]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMJuEOaF84o[/youtube:3tjzx5er]
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

Big Mac

Quote from: "Will"Rachal Maddow has made a very compelling case for Obama deserving the Nobel Prize. I have to admit, she's changed my mind on the subject:
[youtube:3dznyd75]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMJuEOaF84o[/youtube:3dznyd75]

Why? She merely said the same stuff every die-hard Obama maniac has said. Is it a sexual attraction thing or something?

Jimmy Carter is not exactly who I'd use a measuring stick. Hell, these people failed to do anything. E for effort is not how legitimate awards work. You have to do something tangible.

I would love to talk to Obama and find out how it feels to be so arrogant and have a cult of personality.