News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

4 Step Proof for God

Started by Parture, September 01, 2009, 12:53:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitney

Quote from: "curiosityandthecat"He's from Canada... I always thought Canadians were smarter than that.  :|

Unless he's a really bored atheist...I think the videos show that he is not someone pretending to be a Christian.  Too bad, I kinda liked that explanation better.

Tanker

Wow, I guess you have another one for the "trolls" thread. He even came back and was banned again. I missed the whole thing but I read all of this, now combined, thread of his. the closeist discription I have would be someone crashing a peace rally punching 4 random people in the face and geting restrained for it, then screaming about being persecuted because people won't let him punch anymore (with a whole latta crazy thrown in).
"I'd rather die the go to heaven" - William Murderface Murderface  Murderface-

I've been in fox holes, I'm still an atheist -Me-

God is a cake, and we all know what the cake is.

(my spelling, grammer, and punctuation suck, I know, but regardless of how much I read they haven't improved much since grade school. It's actually a bit of a family joke.

Ninteen45

Quote from: "curiosityandthecat"
The ABC logo moves away and back.
Now I can be re-gognizod!

curiosityandthecat

Quote from: "Ninteen45"The ABC logo moves away and back.
Hah, I didn't notice that. Good eye.
-Curio

karadan

Quote from: "Parture"So much censorship.

So much crazy.
QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.

jbeukema

You want censorship?  Go to WA; half of LoR is banned from there :lol:

Ellainix

Quote from: "Parture"4 Step Perfect Proof for God of the Bible (4SPFG)

1. Exponential progression of conscience (see evidence of) disallows an eternity of the past of cause and effects in the natural realm since the human race would not still be sinning to the extent it still does. Therefore, the Uncreated (always existing) created who is God of the Bible ONLY since none can compare to Christ (by proof of resurrection using the 4SMFA).

From Link
QuoteIf there had been an eternity of the past of cause and effects, we would have had nearly an eternity to be perfected without sin (along the exponential progression of conscience which we observe), but since we still sin more than would be the case, we know there was not an eternity of the past of cause and effects. And thus, we know we were created by uncreated, God of the Bible, since none can compare to Christ.

This is nonsense. Sins and gods don't exist. Your first point assumes that sins exist. Sin doesn't exist unless gods exist to define them, yet you suggest that because we still commit sins defined by an unproven God, there must be a God for us to commit sins against.

Prove that sins exist.

Quote2. The preponderance of evidence (trillions+) for cause and effects tell us nothing in the universe is without a cause, otherwise you would have to be God to know if God exists, and obviously, you are not God. It is not necessary to know everything to know if God exists due to overwhelming evidence. Therefore, the Uncreated must exist Who created, the only known available possibility Who is God of the Bible since none can compare to Christ. "Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth" (Arthur Conan Doyle; Spock on Star Trek said something similar).

This logic has an inherent flaw. You say that gods could have existed for eternities uncreated, but the universe could not have been. Why is God given the privilege of being causeless, but the universe refused? I believe with certainty that the Universe has always existed (Read: Solid State Theory).

Quote3. Don't argue against a quality of some god that is not the nature of God of the Bible, otherwise you are arguing not against God of the Bible but something else. (It is necessary to point this out because the problem of misreading the Bible happens so often. Since encountered so profusely, it is necessary to say, to remain topic and stop deflection as much as possible.)

The Christian storyline, when looked at as a whole, is not only arguably flawed. It is completely stupid. This step also does not suggest gods exists, it just suggest that if God did exist, it might not be what is exactly defined by the Bible.

Quote4. Exponential progression of conscience disallows the eternity of the past of cause and effects in the supernatural if it exists (the supernatural was proven to exist in Step 1 and 2) since people would not still be sinning as much as they do now. Therefore, the uncreated Creator created who is God of the Bible because none can compare to Christ (by comparison).

Steps 1 and 2 never proved anything. Sin has still not be proven. On top of no proof of God, there is still no proof that any God who did exist would in fact be the Christian God.

Please logically prove to me that Sin exists or that sin has any relevance to the existence of God.
Quote from: "Ivan Tudor C McHock"If your faith in god is due to your need to explain the origin of the universe, and you do not apply this same logic to the origin of god, then you are an idiot.

LoneMateria

Umm ... Ellainix you do realize that this particular troll was banned and would be unable to answer your questions right?  By the way welcome to the forum ^_^ you should introduce yourself in the Introduction section.  I'd be interested in understanding more of Buddhism.  I know some basics of Buddhism what I learned in my Philosophy of Religion class in College like the 4 noble truths and such but i'm sure it would be more interesting learning your personal view points.
Quote from: "Richard Lederer"There once was a time when all people believed in God and the church ruled. This time was called the Dark Ages
Quote from: "Demosthenes"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true.
Quote from: "Oscar Wilde"Truth, in matters of religion, is simpl

Ellainix

Ok then. I might do that later. Does anyone else want to argue with me?
Quote from: "Ivan Tudor C McHock"If your faith in god is due to your need to explain the origin of the universe, and you do not apply this same logic to the origin of god, then you are an idiot.

Ultima22689

I love to argue but I can't argue in favor of stupid, sorry.

Ninteen45

I'm good at arguing.

YOU NEVER CLEAN THE HOUSE YOU LAZY BUM!

Your defence?
Now I can be re-gognizod!

Ultima22689

lol, there is no defense because it's true. I'm just a lazy stoner, you can't expect me to clean much. XD

Renegnicat

Damn. I missed another crazy troll.

I really should read the religion forum more often.
Anyone up for some vodka?  :drool
[size=135]The best thing to do is reflect, understand, apreciate, and consider.[/size]

Aedus

Quote from: "Ellainix"Does anyone else want to argue with me?
Why the hell not.

Quote from: "Ellainix"This logic has an inherent flaw. You say that gods could have existed for eternities uncreated, but the universe could not have been. Why is God given the privilege of being causeless, but the universe refused?
Anyone with a rudimentary knowledge of the first mover argument can answer that. The argument does not say that everything needs a cause, but that everything in motion needs a cause or that everything dependent needs a cause.

QuoteI believe with certainty that the Universe has always existed (Read: Solid State Theory).
Hahahahahaha  :(

Ellainix

Quote from: "Aedus"
Quote from: "Ellainix"Does anyone else want to argue with me?
Why the hell not.

Quote from: "Ellainix"This logic has an inherent flaw. You say that gods could have existed for eternities uncreated, but the universe could not have been. Why is God given the privilege of being causeless, but the universe refused?
Anyone with a rudimentary knowledge of the first mover argument can answer that. The argument does not say that everything needs a cause, but that everything in motion needs a cause or that everything dependent needs a cause.
What suggests that the universe is dependent and needs a cause? The hypothetical Big Bang could have been caused by nothing more than the theoretical "Big Crunch".

QuoteI believe with certainty that the Universe has always existed (Read: Solid State Theory).
Hahahahahaha  :(

Lol wow. Pretty dumb on my part. What I meant by Solid State did not include that.