News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

4 Step Proof for God

Started by Parture, September 01, 2009, 12:53:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iNow

Quote from: "Parture"
Quote from: "iNow"Truth is not determined by quote mining.
But what it does shows is some of your most prominent scientists and philosphers believe in God for good reasons
Nor is truth determined by authority or popularity.  Further, if you seriously think that Einstein's god is the same as the one for whom you are here arguing, you are sorely mistaken.

Regardless, it doesn't matter if Einstein and Maxwell and Faraday believed that the farts of pink unicorns cause erections in leprechauns.  Their belief alone is not enough to make the subject of their belief extant.

Parture

Quote from: "iNow"Nor is truth determined by authority or popularity.  Further, if you seriously think that Einstein's god is the same as the one for whom you are here arguing, you are sorely mistaken.

Regardless, it doesn't matter if Einstein and Maxwell and Faraday believed that the farts of pink unicorns cause erections in leprechauns.  Their belief alone is not enough to make the subject of their belief extant.

Again, most scientists think the earth is not flat, just like most scholars agree Paul truly believed he saw Jesus and met with the Apostles who said the same. Paul said he spent two weeks with Peter and James in his first meeting with them when he went on a fact finding mission in Jerusalem after spending 3 years in Arabia.

The point is they believe there is an Intelligent Designer. Before you can talk about who is God, you must first accept God exists.

We can be confident that God of the Bible is better than a Pink Unicorn and leprechauns as being God since the latter make no such claims, so why attribute to them being God?
Jesus is God. He proved it by His resurrection through multiple attestation of various groups in different settings. The reason why Jesus died for our sins is because He wants a relationship with us and is the only way you can be cleansed of your sin nature to have that relationship.

Parture

So much censorship.
Jesus is God. He proved it by His resurrection through multiple attestation of various groups in different settings. The reason why Jesus died for our sins is because He wants a relationship with us and is the only way you can be cleansed of your sin nature to have that relationship.

Whitney

Decided to move the quotes topic into this topic as well since it is already becoming the same topic as the others.

Whitney

Quote from: "Whitney"4 topics have been merged into one since they are basically the same topic
Actually Witney, you are lying. I posted 4 topics in which you didn't do any merging at all! Quotes of scientists was left as one thread and the 4 Step Perfect Proof for God was another thread. But you completely annihilated the two other posts: 4 Step Minimal Facts Approach and the There Are Only 4 Choices. Here they are again. Try to not be so dishonest. That's asking alot I know. Hopefully people can get a look at what you are trying to hide from their eyes.

Strike 2...learn how to read.

http://www.atheistthinktank.net/thinkta ... #msg148507  all of those topics are in this thread, and now you get to have all of the topics you created in this thread since I just merged the other one.  Even if I had originally only merged 3 topics, that wouldn't mean I was lying, just that I miscounted.

Btw, you should read the forum rules so you know what happens at strike 3.

Parture

Quote from: "Whitney"Decided to move the quotes topic into this topic as well since it is already becoming the same topic as the others.
They are 4 different topics. So much censorship. Plus I can only reply to this thread and not allowed to post in any other threads? Understand this is how the world treats Christians, but realize you are going to Hell, because you are not saved. You can see how your false fruit and behaviors flow from your false beliefs.

Parture

Quote from: "Whitney"
Quote from: "Whitney"4 topics have been merged into one since they are basically the same topic
Actually Witney, you are lying. I posted 4 topics in which you didn't do any merging at all! Quotes of scientists was left as one thread and the 4 Step Perfect Proof for God was another thread. But you completely annihilated the two other posts: 4 Step Minimal Facts Approach and the There Are Only 4 Choices. Here they are again. Try to not be so dishonest. That's asking alot I know. Hopefully people can get a look at what you are trying to hide from their eyes.

Strike 2...learn how to read..
Actually you made this change after I posted, so you are being unethical. At the time I posted this what I said was true, until you did a bait and switch.

iNow

Quote from: "Parture"Again, most scientists think the earth is not flat,
This is not about belief.  They accept that fact based on the evidence.  You are equivocating by suggesting that belief due to evidence is somehow the same as belief without evidence.

Quote from: "Parture"just like most scholars agree Paul truly believed he saw Jesus and met with the Apostles who said the same. Paul said he spent two weeks with Peter and James in his first meeting with them when he went on a fact finding mission in Jerusalem after spending 3 years in Arabia.
And, as I've now told you twice already, all that shows is that some guy named Paul believed those things, not that god exists.

Quote from: "Parture"The point is they believe there is an Intelligent Designer. Before you can talk about who is God, you must first accept God exists.
Erm, no.  Epic fail.

Quote from: "Parture"We can be confident that God of the Bible is better than a Pink Unicorn and leprechauns as being God since the latter make no such claims, so why attribute to them being God?
But, since neither is likely to exist, it's like debating whether 2+2 = 7 is more accurate than the statement "squares have three sides."  You should let the evidence inform your belief, not let your belief dictate which evidence you accept.

Also, just a quick nod to Whitney for all of your action and for keeping the threads tight and together.  Thanks for all of your efforts.

Whitney

Quote from: "Whitney"Decided to move the quotes topic into this topic as well since it is already becoming the same topic as the others.
They are 4 different topics. So much censorship. Plus I can only reply to this thread and not allowed to post in any other threads? Understand this is how the world treats Christians, but realize you are going to Hell, because you are not saved. You can see how your false fruit and behaviors flow from your false beliefs.

You are the only Christian on this forum with those restrictions because you are the only one who can't be civil.

btw, it's not unethical to miscount.

Parture

I'm getting dizzy by all the moving posts around and merging posts you said you merged but you didn't but then when I held you accountable you did a bait and switch. Crazy stuff. Plus, I can't post in other threads and am limited to just this one? What's next? I am comforted in the fact that I am a child of God and thankful to God that you are going to Hell just like we don't let criminals out of jail for life, otherwise they could do harm to God's people.

Parture

Quote from: "Whitney"You are the only Christian on this forum with those restrictions because you are the only one who can't be civil.
Since I have been civil, you are not being civil, you couldn't show otherwise and I double people believe you that I am the only Christian you have ever censored, I think you are embarrassing yourself. Or at least, if you don't have a conscience to be embarrassed, I am embarrassed for you.

iNow

My, how hateful religion makes people.  Just because we have different thoughts than you, you presume that we are all going to be eternally tormented and made to suffer.  How arrogant.  How petty.  How lacking in basic human decency.

Whitney

Quote from: "Parture"I'm getting dizzy by all the moving posts around and merging posts you said you merged but you didn't but then when I held you accountable you did a bait and switch. Crazy stuff. Plus I can't post in other threads and am limited to just this one? What's next? I am comforted in the fact that I am a child of God and thankful to God that you are going to Hell just like we don't let criminals out of jail for life.

You can post in any threads in the religion section as long as you abide by the forum rules.  You cannot create any new threads because you can't handle the privilege.

All I have done is merge all of your posts into one because they are about the same topic....if you don't like that, go bother another forum.

jbeukema

Quote from: "Parture"2. The preponderance of evidence (trillions+) for cause and effects tell us nothing in the universe is without a cause, otherwise you would have to be God to know if God exists

that does not follow

Quoteand obviously, you are not God

Prove I'm not
Quote. It is not necessary to know everything to know if God exists due to overwhelming evidence. Therefore, the Uncreated must exist Who created, the only known available possibility Who is God of the Bible since none can compare to Christ

are you even trying?

McQ

Quote from: "Parture"I'm getting dizzy by all the moving posts around and merging posts you said you merged but you didn't but then when I held you accountable you did a bait and switch. Crazy stuff. Plus, I can't post in other threads and am limited to just this one? What's next? I am comforted in the fact that I am a child of God and thankful to God that you are going to Hell just like we don't let criminals out of jail for life, otherwise they could do harm to God's people.

What is next is you need to read the forum rules and agree to abide by them. Then actually do so. Very simple. Thanks.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette