News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Amateur Atheism Commercials

Started by Whitney, August 26, 2009, 08:14:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitney

Will

I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

skurry

The first seems like it will get the "mad at god" argument thrown at it. I like the second two a lot though.

joeactor

They seem like spoofs of the current Scientology spots.

I like the third one best - it's a bit less militant.

... or maybe I'd like them better if he'd hired me to voice them  :D

rlrose328

Very powerful.  Too bad they won't ever be seen or understood by those who need to see them.
**Kerri**
The Rogue Atheist Scrapbooker
Come visit me on Facebook!

joeactor

Quote from: "rlrose328"Very powerful.  Too bad they won't ever be seen or understood by those who need to see them.

... good point.

After all, the goal of any advertisement is to deliver the message to the target audience.

Whitney

How much would it cost to put a real commercial on the tv (in a major city, not necessarily nationwide)  if we got volunteers to produce it?

iNow

Quote from: "Whitney"How much would it cost to put a real commercial on the tv (in a major city, not necessarily nationwide)  if we got volunteers to produce it?
Production costs can be held near zero.  Here is a good article on the cost to run the ad and buy time:
http://www.gaebler.com/National-TV-Spot-Ad-Costs.htm

I think the approach to which you allude above (low production costs, maximum audience penetration) was really leveraged well by the wecansolveit.org campaign, which also pushed heavily through the YouTube market.

Whitney

Quote from: "iNow"
Quote from: "Whitney"How much would it cost to put a real commercial on the tv (in a major city, not necessarily nationwide)  if we got volunteers to produce it?
Production costs can be held near zero.  Here is a good article on the cost to run the ad and buy time:
http://www.gaebler.com/National-TV-Spot-Ad-Costs.htm

I think the approach to which you allude above (low production costs, maximum audience penetration) was really leveraged well by the wecansolveit.org campaign, which also pushed heavily through the YouTube market.

Thanks...I'm printing that page and taking it to the next Coalition of Reason meeting.

Rastelin

Those where awesome. Thanks for posting :hail:
A casual stroll through a lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
-- Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche