News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

God is real!

Started by ilovegodalot, July 11, 2009, 12:00:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

karadan

One day, a man walked into the headquarters for Johnson & Johnson (makers of head and shoulders shampoo). He managed to get a meeting with one of their head honchos. He had a simple proposition.

"I can double your profits without any extra expenditure on your part. If it works, i'd like you to pay me $200,000."

The deal seemed too good to be true but after drawing up a contract, the director of J&J realised there was nothing he could lose out of this deal. Once the gentleman signed the contract, he told them what they needed to do.

"In the instructions section on the back of the bottle, write the following: Rinse and repeat."

Three months later, the gentleman was $200,000 richer and Johnson and Johnson were a very happy company.

(Not sure how true that is, but a rather lovely story nonetheless.)
QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.

jbeukema

I distinctly heard someone say 'vodka'  :drool

Thom Phelps

Quote from: "jbeukema"I distinctly heard someone say 'vodka'  :drool

[attachment=0:33gda08p]karl_marx_beard.jpg[/attachment:33gda08p]

nikkmichalski

Quote from: "Thom Phelps"
Quote from: "jbeukema"I distinctly heard someone say 'vodka'  :D
Ford: "It's unpleasantly like being drunk."
Arthur: "What's so unpleasant about being drunk?"
Ford: "You ask a glass of water." -- Douglas Adams, H2G2
"'Why is it you never mentioned any of this before the plane crash?'...'I didn't think the time was ripe.' " [emphasis delightfully Vonnegut's] -- Kurt Vonnegut, Slaughterhouse-5

venomfangx

There is no God no gods.  There is no tangible evidence for a God any more than there is for my ultimate creationist: the flying spaghetti monster.
So far not  one scrap of evidence visual or verbal is up to the standard necessary to convince me there is a deity out their beyond time and space.
Quite simply that deity is not needed as the Universe seems to be doing quite well without it. :yay:
Something will never change

rlrose328

Quote from: "venomfangx"There is no God no gods.  There is no tangible evidence for a God any more than there is for my ultimate creationist: the flying spaghetti monster.
So far not  one scrap of evidence visual or verbal is up to the standard necessary to convince me there is a deity out their beyond time and space.
Quite simply that deity is not needed as the Universe seems to be doing quite well without it. :yay:

venomfangx?  From YouTube fame?
**Kerri**
The Rogue Atheist Scrapbooker
Come visit me on Facebook!

LoneMateria

Quote from: "rlrose328"venomfangx?  From YouTube fame?

Supposedly not lol.
Quote from: "Richard Lederer"There once was a time when all people believed in God and the church ruled. This time was called the Dark Ages
Quote from: "Demosthenes"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true.
Quote from: "Oscar Wilde"Truth, in matters of religion, is simpl

rlrose328

Quote from: "LoneMateria"

Supposedly not lol.

That's why I was confused... LOL!
**Kerri**

LoneMateria

Quote from: "rlrose328"

Supposedly not lol.

That's why I was confused... LOL!

Maybe he really is venomfangx in a poor disguise.  Maybe we need to come up with a way to distinguish YouTube vfx from HAF vfx.  hmm  YouTube venomfangx could be called venomfagx.  (Not that theres anything wrong with it).
Quote from: "Richard Lederer"There once was a time when all people believed in God and the church ruled. This time was called the Dark Ages
Quote from: "Demosthenes"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true.

rlrose328

Quote from: "LoneMateria"Maybe he really is venomfangx in a poor disguise.  Maybe we need to come up with a way to distinguish YouTube vfx from HAF vfx.  hmm  YouTube venomfangx could be called venomfagx.  (Not that theres anything wrong with it).

I can support that...  :sigh:    One can hope, right?
**Kerri**

LoneMateria

Quote from: "LoneMateria"Maybe he really is venomfangx in a poor disguise.  Maybe we need to come up with a way to distinguish YouTube vfx from HAF vfx.  hmm  YouTube venomfangx could be called venomfagx.  (Not that theres anything wrong with it).

yeah.  Besides what i've seen of YouTube's VFX all he would do is troll and spam when he got blocked he just make another account and do it again.  All VFX is, is a little kid with a big mouth and no brain.  Thats why he's had lawsuits and had to make public apologies when faced with jail time.

rlrose328

yeah.  Besides what i've seen of YouTube's VFX all he would do is troll and spam when he got blocked he just make another account and do it again.  All VFX is, is a little kid with a big mouth and no brain.  Thats why he's had lawsuits and had to make public apologies when faced with jail time.

I know... but that's what would make it fun!  I think there would be LOLing than  :hissyfit:ing, don't you?  I laugh when I watch his videos because he's so ill-informed as to be ignorant.  Scary, but hilarious.
**Kerri**

LoneMateria

Quote from: "rlrose328"I know... but that's what would make it fun!  I think there would be LOLing than  :hissyfit:ing, don't you?  I laugh when I watch his videos because he's so ill-informed as to be ignorant.  Scary, but hilarious.

I don't know if there would any LOLing.  And its just scary watching him, to think that Americas future generations might be more like him.  It makes me want to build a super-raft and put all evangelicals and those who are willingly ignorant on it, tow it out 5 miles from the shore and sink it.  Its thats scary.

rlrose328

Quote from: "rlrose328"I know... but that's what would make it fun!  I think there would be LOLing than  :shake:
**Kerri**

venomfangx

Hi, yeah I agree with you that it is rather scary to watch those bright eyes fundamentalist born agains rave on with their incessant boring diadribble.
On You Tube the new VFX is worse than Sean who I think rather enjoyed the Poster Boy for Creationist Stupidity fame.  I know Sean through his attempts to hijack my nick from me, so he can stay on You tube and preach the good word or whatever, and I will roam the world and
speak of philosophy and science.  However, worse than PCS and VFX No 2 is Brock Lawley, who is about a thousand times worse than Sean ever was at his worst.
Brock calls himself TheAtheistAntidote and you can find him herehttp://www.youtube.com/user/theatheistantidote?blend=1&ob=4.  Despite his radical fundamentalist views no doubt inspired my Mr Kent Hovind PhD  :hmm:  :idea:   "cough" Brock can actually sing.  Despite being told a couple of hundred times he should consider singing on You Tube and forget the fundamentalist crap he has failed so far to take the hint.  You will see that like Mr Hovind, Sean PCS,  Brock too has issues with being honest.  There are some claims of Plagiarism which Mr Lawley has failed to account for.
yours
Ð'еномФангЖ
Something will never change