News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Christian Civil Liberties Union

Started by Whitney, June 18, 2009, 03:20:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitney

QuoteChristian Group Trying To Have Gay Book Publically Burned

A Christian group called the Christian Civil Liberties Union is trying to have a gay book publicly burned and banned in the city of Milwaukee. The book is a young adult’s book called Baby Be-Bop, written by Francesca Lia Block. The book tells the story of a gay teen who is struggling with his sexuality and is attacked by a homophobic gang.

Full Text:  http://www.thegayatheist.com/2009/06/ch ... -book.html

_____

I think they don't quite grasp what Civil Liberties means.

Kylyssa

How the f do they get to be called a 'Civil Liberties Union' of all things?

Sophus

I say we burn and ban the Christians instead!  :devil:

‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver

JillSwift

Yeah, nothing says "Civil Liberties" like a good old fashioned book burning.

Gott mit Ihnen, Scheißeköpfe!*

*Godwin.
[size=50]Teleology]

karadan

QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.

Sophus

Quote from: "JillSwift"Gott mit Ihnen, Scheißeköpfe!*

Sehr nett! Das hatte mich lachend.  lol
‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver

Will

In a related story, the Christian Equal Rights Under the Law Commission today announced that they don't think gay people should be able to vote. The Jesus Loves Everyone Regardless of Their Lifestyle Board has also called that homosexuals not be allowed to use public roads or police service.
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

karadan

Quote from: "Will"In a related story, the Christian Equal Rights Under the Law Commission today announced that they don't think gay people should be able to vote. The Jesus Loves Everyone Regardless of Their Lifestyle Board has also called that homosexuals not be allowed to use public roads or police service.

Haha.  lol
QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.

rlrose328

Ya know, the violence in the bible has incited more violence than any gay-themed book.  Perhaps we need to burn and ban that book as well, same reasons.

Shall we list the things in THAT book that are offensive?  Violence to women, genocide, rape, slavery condoned...
**Kerri**
The Rogue Atheist Scrapbooker
Come visit me on Facebook!