News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

"Militant Atheism Exposed" -- the Website

Started by VietnamVet-BRIGHT, June 06, 2009, 10:10:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VietnamVet-BRIGHT

Looks like the fundies are shaking in their little jack-booties from the looks of this website ...

http://atheismexposed.tripod.com/index.htm

"Militant atheism should concern all believers"

Quote from: "Homepage""MILITANT ATHEISM EXPOSED" has the overall aim of combating the efforts of today's fanatical, militant atheists, who are bent on conquering the minds of young people and on weakening the faith of believers.

This site is meant to spotlight their agenda, their inaccuracies, and their irrational thinking. Most of all, it is meant to provide ample resources that effectively combat their attempts at destroying the faith of many. (M.C.)

Quote from: "Introduction"For several decades a "few," but very fanatical and determined militant atheists have been transforming the American landscape. Their dramatic success has had an inspirational impact on other atheist groups worldwide who follow their tactics in their own countries.

Since the advent of the Internet, militant atheists have found a powerful new conduit to propagate their views. Well-designed and well-funded web sites offer large quantities of material against religion, and Christianity in particular. Without doubt, these sites have already succeeded in converting many young and impressionable believing minds into doubt and some into fanatical atheism.

Militant atheism should concern all believers ... Like religious extremism it is characterized by intensity and arrogance ... it tears at, and ridicules opposite viewpoints. It is often aggressive, disrespectful, sarcastic, intolerant and, most of all, blasphemous.

http://atheismexposed.tripod.com/introduction.htm

"blasphemous"  :bananacolor:

hmmm, are they talking about people like me? ....

Will

There are militant atheists. Some of them are furthering an important social and philosophical cause, paving the way for a better future and some are belligerent. Still, even the most belligerent militant atheist is someone that's being more constructive than the your typical moderate theist.

Blasphemous atheists? I never thought I'd see the day.  :eek:
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

curiosityandthecat

-Curio

VietnamVet-BRIGHT

JillSwift

Hahaha!

If I had "educational bullets" I'd buy myself one of those Gatling-style machine guns and go visit a mega-church.

Though I'd be mighty tempted to turn it on myself first ;)
[size=50]Teleology]

templeboy

my ipod says it at the perfect moment as I read that- "and pray that theres intelligent life somewhere out in space, cos theres bugger all down here on earth!"
"The fool says in his heart: 'There is no God.' The Wise Man says it to the world."- Troy Witte

curiosityandthecat

Quote from: "templeboy"my ipod says it at the perfect moment as I read that- "and pray that theres intelligent life somewhere out in space, cos theres bugger all down here on earth!"
Is life getting you down, Mrs Brown? :yay:

Oh, no. Damnit, Jil--ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD
-Curio

PipeBox

Quote from: "JillSwift"Hahaha!

If I had "educational bullets" I'd buy myself one of those Gatling-style machine guns and go visit a mega-church.

Though I'd be mighty tempted to turn it on myself first ;)
As much as I'd like to get shot up with the education gun, I'd say the people in the mega churches are in more dire need.  It'd be for the good of mankind to go in and use all the bullets on the ignorant.  Yeah, right after the mega churches, we could hit the climate denialists, bigots, and flat earthers, or at least the ones that weren't already in the mega churches.  More to the point, we'd want to save a fair amount for Islam, which seems to be the primary pusher, or at least the up-and-coming pusher of bigotry and censorship.  At risk of sounding like an ass, if Zion lost its religious enemies and religious funding, it'd take care of itself...  

What?
If sin may be committed through inaction, God never stopped.

My soul, do not seek eternal life, but exhaust the realm of the possible.
-- Pindar

curiosityandthecat

Quote from: "PipeBox"As much as I'd like to get shot up with the education gun, I'd say the people in the mega churches are in more dire need.  It'd be for the good of mankind to go in and use all the bullets on the ignorant.  Yeah, right after the mega churches, we could hit the climate denialists, bigots, and flat earthers, or at least the ones that weren't already in the mega churches.  More to the point, we'd want to save a fair amount for Islam, which seems to be the primary pusher, or at least the up-and-coming pusher of bigotry and censorship.  At risk of sounding like an ass, if Zion lost its religious enemies and religious funding, it'd take care of itself...  

What?
-Curio

Jolly Sapper

Pipe and Curio, I just want you to know how much your posts make my day.

Enoch Root

"Militant" is a funny word.  The most belligerent, combative atheists I know will say that if you believe in God you're deluded or an idiot.  At the church I attended for half my life they blissfully accept as an obvious fact that if you don't believe in God--and not only that, but somehow separate their message about God from all the other incorrect ones, like muslims or catholics or mormons or whatever--that you'll spend an eternity in lonely, dark, and fiery torture.  And they spend a lot of money and effort spreading that message to anyone who will listen.  And the church I attended is downright tame compared to plenty of others.  

So who's militant?

Heretical Rants

They put up a side-by-side comparison of Hitler and Dawkins :D