News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Is half way ok?

Started by ProRealism, June 01, 2009, 07:51:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ProRealism

Due to the fact that I have had suicidal depressive conditions before I have history to work off of that allows me to get disability if I want it.
Now, on the one hand I could get out there and work my ass off, but why should I when I don't necessarily have to?

Supposing that I do get on government support would it be pointless for me to dress like a bad ass?
I can hear people singing that song by the offspring about "pretty fly for a white guy"

But on the other hand why should I give a fuck what people think? But if I don't care what people think why would I dress like that?

It's much easier and cheaper to wear plain gray tee shirts that can be bought for like $3 each.

Then again my life could be pretty boring.

This would've been great back when I had something of a social anxiety but now that I don't care what people think it seems pointless.

Blah... I can only get what I want when I don't want it.

Oh well maybe I could just "stick it to the man".

Kylyssa

Having applied for Disability with a brain tumor, fibromyalgia, lupus, seizures, aftereffects of a skull fracture, nerve damage in both hands, an undiagnosed fever disorder, PTSD, and depression - and getting denied - I think you can add delusional to your list for thinking having a history of depression is a shoe-in for Disability.  Appeals take around 500 days after the first denial which takes about six months.  Start applying now and you might collect Disability in a couple of years.

ProRealism

Eh, I'm not the one who is so sure of it.
Any of the therapists and psychologists I've talked to seem to think I'm a shoe in for it.

I have no idea why they would deny you disability with all that stuff and then still think my case is legit for it.
But I can't really even decide if I want to do that.

I mean "making something of myself one day" used to seem important but meh....

There's no way for me to solve all the world's problems and even if I could, people still wouldn't be happy and nothing would even change anyway. Besides... it's not my problem if gays can't marry and people abuse their kids.

I'd like to say row row fight da powah but people are content with oppression it seems so whatever I guess. And like I said, even if they're not content, it's their problem not mine.