News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Re: Christians risk rejection and discrimination for their faith

Started by VietnamVet-BRIGHT, May 31, 2009, 03:55:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitney

QuoteChristians are facing discrimination at work, and ridicule and rejection at home, according to new research.

The first poll of Britain's churchgoers, carried out for The Sunday Telegraph, found that thousands of them believe they are being turned down for promotion because of their faith.

One in five said that they had faced opposition at work because of their beliefs.

More than half of them revealed that they had suffered some form of persecution for being a Christian.

The findings suggest a growing hostility towards religion in this country, which has been highlighted by a series of clashes between churchgoers and their employers.

QuoteAndrew Copson, director of education at the BHA, claimed that attempts to convert colleagues could amount to harassment under the Employment Equality (Religion or Belief) Regulations 2003.

He said: "The law specifically protects people from being intimidated or confronted with a hostile environment in the workplace.

"Systematically undermining someone's beliefs or persistently attempting to convert someone would lead to the creation of a hostile environment."

However, legal experts have attacked the guidelines as "nonsense" and Christian groups have condemned them as "propaganda".

Full Text:  http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstop ... laims.html

Is there really religious "persecution" occurring in Britain or are they just upset that they can't preach at coworkers?

VietnamVet-BRIGHT

QuoteFull Text:  http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstop ... laims.html

Quote"As many as 44 per cent said they had been mocked by friends, neighbours or colleagues for being a Christian, and 19 per cent said they had been ignored or excluded for the same reason."

Now they know what atheists have been enduring for centuries ... 'bout time.

Will

Being ousted after being in charge for hundreds of years can be a drag, but once you get used to it things are actually a lot better. I should know, I'm a white male.
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

Heretical Rants