News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Wikipedia Bans Church of Scientology!

Started by curiosityandthecat, May 29, 2009, 03:29:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

curiosityandthecat

I knew the Wikipedia wasn't just a goldmine of misinformation!

QuoteIn an unprecedented effort to crack down on self-serving edits, the Wikipedia supreme court has banned contributions from all IP addresses owned or operated by the Church of Scientology and its associates.

Closing out the longest-running court case in Wikiland history, the site’s Arbitration Committee voted 10 to 0 (with one abstention) in favor of the move, which takes effect immediately.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/05/29/wikipedia_bans_scientology/
-Curio

karadan

Haha! That must piss them off no end!  :hide:
QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.

Whitney

They sure have been targeting the forum with their ads lately.

Will

After the DoS attacks last year on the Scientology website, I'm not surprised that they redoubled their internet efforts and overdid it with wikipedia. They have neither the numbers nor the expertise to fight Anon and other internet Scientology skeptics, so they're probably just going to keep trying and failing.
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

SSY

Wikipedia wins again, this is why I donate to wiki.
Quote from: "Godschild"SSY: You are fairly smart and to think I thought you were a few fries short of a happy meal.
Quote from: "Godschild"explain to them how and why you decided to be athiest and take the consequences that come along with it
Quote from: "Aedus"Unlike atheists, I'm not an angry prick