News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Introduction indeed...

Started by ImpaledSkier, January 08, 2007, 06:37:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ImpaledSkier

I'd just like to say hello to everyone. This place looks fun.

A brief bit about myself: I'm a junior at the University of St. Thomas in St. Paul, MN who is majoring in Chemistry, minoring in Biology and hoping to sneak into Med School someday. I study a lot, but when I break free I enjoy playing guitar, downhill ski racing, wakeboarding, partying late into the night, and...a lot of other things.

I ended up at UST because of the location, class size, and nice lab facilities...I did struggle a little with the decision when I read that St. Thomas is unashamingly Catholic, but I figured since I really wasn't educated in religion at all, I should figure out what was going on with religion. I must say, at times I was so frustrated in my theology classes that I thought about transfering to a tech school, but now that I've completed them I must say it was probably worth it. The classes have strengthened my views so much and given me so much more information when discussion religion with people that it really will prove invaluable. This was not what St. Thomas was going for, but oh well. (It has also amazed me over the past couple years that while having religious discussions with people who are of faith but don't go to a religious school most people don't know anything about their own religion next to the traditions.)

So, that's that. If anyone has any questions about me or the univeristy I go to and their religious teachings let me know, I'd be happy to answer. This seems like a cool place.

Out.
"Heaven's not a place that you go when you die, it's that moment in life when you actually feel alive. So live for the moment." -The Spill Canvas

Tom62

Welcome to the forum!
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

McQ

Howdy! Welcome to the forum and thanks for the background info.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

joeactor

Quote from: "ImpaledSkier"It has also amazed me over the past couple years that while having religious discussions with people who are of faith but don't go to a religious school most people don't know anything about their own religion next to the traditions.

Amen to that!

Welcome to the crease (since we're not a fold),
  JoeActor

Whitney

Welcome to the forum, impaled.

Squid

Hola.

donkeyhoty

Quote from: "joeactor"Welcome to the crease (since we're not a fold),
shouldn't we say welcome to the smooth, as a crease is just another type of fold.  And "welcome to the smooth" just sounds cool.
"Feminism encourages women to leave their husbands, kill their children, practice witchcraft, destroy capitalism and become lesbians."  - Pat Robertson