News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Is feminISM a brainwashing similar to ChristianISM?

Started by cyberateos, May 22, 2009, 01:04:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SSY

You seem to be involved in some form of cognitive dissonance.
You allude the fact that the police would probably not beleive you, but you then you gloss over it. Did you know there are only 2 shelters for male victims of DV in the uk, yet over 500 for women for instance? This is way out of line with the incidences of domestic abuse.

Where are women treated unfairly? I genuinley can't think of a single instance.
Quote from: "Godschild"SSY: You are fairly smart and to think I thought you were a few fries short of a happy meal.
Quote from: "Godschild"explain to them how and why you decided to be athiest and take the consequences that come along with it
Quote from: "Aedus"Unlike atheists, I'm not an angry prick

Will

Quote from: "SSY"You seem to be involved in some form of cognitive dissonance.
You allude the fact that the police would probably not beleive you, but you then you gloss over it. Did you know there are only 2 shelters for male victims of DV in the uk, yet over 500 for women for instance? This is way out of line with the incidences of domestic abuse.
Equality doesn't mean ignoring real differences, it means getting over false differences. Men and women are equally smart, likely equally capable of raising children, capable of most of the same careers, etc., but when it comes right down to physicality, men are on average much stronger. That means that in the rare (according to the DoJ, the ratio of domestic violence against men vs. women is about 8 to 1) cases that the man is a victim, the man must also be in a position where he can't simply defend himself, which lowers the number of cases requiring a shelter considerably.

In my case, I'm a 6' tall, 25 year old man that's in pretty decent shape. I could probably defend myself from a girlfriend or wife that had lost her temper and started getting physical. I wouldn't need a shelter and I wouldn't need the police to believe me, as I wouldn't need their protection just an officially filed 911 call to use to get a restraining order.
Quote from: "SSY"Where are women treated unfairly? I genuinely can't think of a single instance.
Women still only make something like $0.70 on the dollar compared to men. Women are either completely ignored or are over-coddled with sexual harassment law. Women being treated as sexual objects or second class citizens is still rampant even progressive places like the US and UK. Have you watched TV lately? Look at this:
It's common, it's blatant, and it's never corrected.
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

SSY

Quote from: "Will"
Quote from: "SSY"You seem to be involved in some form of cognitive dissonance.
Equality doesn't mean ignoring real differences, it means getting over false differences. Men and women are equally smart, likely equally capable of raising children, capable of most of the same careers, etc., but when it comes right down to physicality, men are on average much stronger. That means that in the rare (according to the DoJ, the ratio of domestic violence against men vs. women is about 8 to 1) cases that the man is a victim, the man must also be in a position where he can't simply defend himself, which lowers the number of cases requiring a shelter considerably.

In my case, I'm a 6' tall, 25 year old man that's in pretty decent shape. I could probably defend myself from a girlfriend or wife that had lost her temper and started getting physical. I wouldn't need a shelter and I wouldn't need the police to believe me, as I wouldn't need their protection just an officially filed 911 call to use to get a restraining order.
Quote from: "SSY"Where are women treated unfairly? I genuinely can't think of a single instance.
Women still only make something like $0.70 on the dollar compared to men. Women are either completely ignored or are over-coddled with sexual harassment law. Women being treated as sexual objects or second class citizens is still rampant even progressive places like the US and UK. Have you watched TV lately? Look at this:
It's common, it's blatant, and it's never corrected.

70 pence in the pound is just plain misleading, when correcting for experience, types of jobs worked etc you get 98 pence in the pound.

"An article entitled "Gender Wage Gap Is Feminist Fiction" from the libertarian Independent Women's Forum stated: "A study of the gender wage gap conducted by economist June O' Neill, former director of the Congressional Budget Office, found that women earn 98 percent of what men do when controlled for experience, education, and number of years on the job." [7]"

http://www.iwf.org/campus/show/18948.html

Any souces for sexual harrasment law claims? If anything, it seems women are pandered to in an extreme degree most of the time.

Again, any sources for second class citizens etc? Saying nothing is being done about is also untrue, my country has a specific equality minister, and a womens minister, both of whom fill thier days with this sort of claptrap.

As to your domestic violence figures, can I see that report? I am highly dubious of the figure, especially considering some toher reports I have read, I would be interested in thier testing methodology. Domestic violence agsint men is much more common than most people think, and it deserves an equally serious response.
Quote from: "Godschild"SSY: You are fairly smart and to think I thought you were a few fries short of a happy meal.
Quote from: "Godschild"explain to them how and why you decided to be athiest and take the consequences that come along with it
Quote from: "Aedus"Unlike atheists, I'm not an angry prick

Will

Quote from: "SSY"70 pence in the pound is just plain misleading, when correcting for experience, types of jobs worked etc you get 98 pence in the pound.

"An article entitled "Gender Wage Gap Is Feminist Fiction" from the libertarian Independent Women's Forum stated: "A study of the gender wage gap conducted by economist June O' Neill, former director of the Congressional Budget Office, found that women earn 98 percent of what men do when controlled for experience, education, and number of years on the job." [7]"

http://www.iwf.org/campus/show/18948.html
Whoa, slow down there. What study is this? All the article does is say that it's a study performed by "June O' Neill, former director of the Congressional Budget Office"... that's not much to go on considering the statistics I'm referencing are from the US Census Bureau.
Quote from: "SSY"Any souces for sexual harrasment law claims? If anything, it seems women are pandered to in an extreme degree most of the time.
I'm not sure what you're asking here.
Quote from: "SSY"Again, any sources for second class citizens etc? Saying nothing is being done about is also untrue, my country has a specific equality minister, and a womens minister, both of whom fill thier days with this sort of claptrap.
Did you see the video? The video had very clear sexist remarks by both conservative and liberal newscasters (well, news "personalities"). Nothing was done to censor their ignorant and sexist remarks. We were talking about media, right?
Quote from: "SSY"As to your domestic violence figures, can I see that report? I am highly dubious of the figure, especially considering some toher reports I have read, I would be interested in thier testing methodology. Domestic violence agsint men is much more common than most people think, and it deserves an equally serious response.
I got it from the written by the Justice Department. I'm not sure how different the statistics are across the pond, but I can't imagine they're very different.
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

Heretical Rants

Quote from: "Will"Again, men and women on average have a large difference in physical strength. Think of the strongest woman you know and the weakest man you know, now allow them to fight in your imagination.
The girl won, hands-down, in every imaginable situation except when the guy had a gun.

I put her against the strongest guy and she still has a chance.

Hell, she could have beaten ME up, six times out of ten( The times when I wasn't able to take advantage of my greater speed and agility ).  I wouldn't fight her, I'd just run...In fact, she won the all-school arm wrestling competition.  So PHHHHHHH.
Of course, she lives on a farm...

Why hasn't anyone mentioned the draft?

OK, ladies, who here wants to be drafted into the military?  How many of you have signed up for the draft?

Whitney

Quote from: "hobo child"Why hasn't anyone mentioned the draft?

OK, ladies, who here wants to be drafted into the military?  How many of you have signed up for the draft?

While I do think that it only makes sense for an gov that views men and women as equal to include the women in the draft, I'm not going to lobby for them to do it.

Will

Let's lobby to get men excluded from the draft, that way we can both be equal.

Heretical Rants

Quote from: "Will"Let's lobby to get men excluded from the draft, that way we can both be equal.
Yeah, that's the way to go!

Tanker

Quote from: "Will"Let's lobby to get men excluded from the draft, that way we can both be equal.
The draft no longer exists and hasn't for 30 years or so. It's an all volunteer military in the US. The argument is rather moot.
"I'd rather die the go to heaven" - William Murderface Murderface  Murderface-

I've been in fox holes, I'm still an atheist -Me-

God is a cake, and we all know what the cake is.

(my spelling, grammer, and punctuation suck, I know, but regardless of how much I read they haven't improved much since grade school. It's actually a bit of a family joke.

Whitney

Quote from: "Tanker"The draft no longer exists and hasn't for 30 years or so. It's an all volunteer military in the US. The argument is rather moot.

Right...but they haven't gotten rid of it.  So, it's only a matter of time until they decide to open the draft again.  Both my grandfather, and my dad had to deal with worrying about getting drafted (my grandad enlisted so he could pick what part of the military he went into and my dad was rejected for not having depth perception).

VanReal

Quote from: "Tanker"
The draft no longer exists and hasn't for 30 years or so. It's an all volunteer military in the US. The argument is rather moot.

It does still exist and men aged 18 to 26 are still required to register.  It just has not been necessary to institute for the past 30 years, there are plenty of volunteers and when that goes low they flash the sign-up bonus and voila! new recruits  :P
In spite of the cost of living, it's still popular. (Kathy Norris)
They say I have ADHD but I think they are full of...oh, look a kitty!! (unknown)

Heretical Rants

Quote from: "Tanker"The draft no longer exists and hasn't for 30 years or so. It's an all volunteer military in the US. The argument is rather moot.
Then why do we have to register?

VanReal

Quote from: "hobo child"

Because it still exists, it's just not active as there is no need at the moment.
They say I have ADHD but I think they are full of...oh, look a kitty!! (unknown)

Whitney

Quote from: "VanReal"
Quote from: "hobo child"

Because it still exists, it's just not active as there is no need at the moment.

Wasn't there some talk of putting the draft back on active status at some point during this Iraq bs?

VanReal

Quote from: "Whitney"Wasn't there some talk of putting the draft back on active status at some point during this Iraq bs?

I think they were worried they would have to do that but the recruits keep on coming and soldiers and Marines are re-enlisting so I guess that fear was put away...there was an issue with so many reserves being called over also, and I think there was some spin from groups opposed to the war brought up to get more people against it, as if that was necessary.  A friend of mine re-enlisted while he was in Iraq, he got a $20k bonus and a fancy thermos (that he gave to me).  He was back for a year or so and is back over there now, where people are still re-enlisting so I don't think it will be needed.

We talked about the draft and other issues like women in direct combat when I was in the Army.  I agree it's not a good idea, and it has nothing to do with women's ability to kick-ass either.  Sure would be nice to take men out of the draft as well, but hopefully volunteers will continue coming so it won't be an issue.