News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

theaters are not what they ve used to be

Started by strongmind, May 12, 2009, 05:03:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

strongmind

i am 30 years old,when i was a kid i remember my mother used to take me watch star trek , i remember the simplicity and the pure magic of the era,now its all gone,visiting a theater's becoming disgusting and annoying,kids playing with cell phones , making fuss.i cant say i blame them.they learn from their parents ,sending them alone to watch something they ll not understand (like star trek).they want to get rid of them , to harrash us ,the civilized moviegores , and when they finish their job , to come and get them.these parents should be sterilized,i ve just returned from second viewing,i was ready to toss the fussmakers using my boot,but my fiance talked me out of it,she said be civil,funny thing,be civil to the uncivilized

any of u had any similar problems?

If winter comes, can spring be far behind.

Star Trek Voyager DVDI am back//Star Trek The Next Generation DVDman/woman-problem
If winter comes, can spring be far behind.

Star Trek Voyager DVDI am back//[url=http://www.dvdscollection.com/products/Star-Trek-The-Next-Ge

Whitney

I like to go to the movies when no one else is there for this reason.  Now that we got a decently sized widescreen tv we don't go to the movies that much.  However, I do want to see the new Star Trek movie without having to wait for it being released to video.

karadan

As much as my local cinema complex is a teenage meat market, i've never actually had any problems inside the cinema. They all just seem to congregate outside, near the bowling alley.

I saw Star Trek on Friday. It was full to the rafters. No one made a sound except for the odd scream during the alien creature scene and laughter during the funny bits. Other than that, the whole audience seemed suitably mesmerised.

What a badass film it was. I'm glad my enjoyment wasn't ruined by snotty little kids.
QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.

Will

Star Trek wasn't bad except for one scene. When the Orion Slave Girl was on screen, a man clearly unable to control himself yelled,  "OH MY GOD!" I guess he was having a religious experience.

You do run the risk of being inundated with consumer/entitled culture when you go to a movie on opening weekend. When I went to see 3:10 to Yuma (great flick), there was a group of people behind me that were breaking every social code ever discovered; they were drinking beer, they were yelling at the screen, they were talking on the phone, two of them were making out loudly, and when I asked them nicely to please keep it down, they all acted as if I'd taken their mother out to a nice dinner and didn't call her the next day. Normally I wouldn't hurt a fly, but I felt this strange urge to strangle them all. Maybe I watch too many violent movies.

Anyway, it's not always just the kids that ruin movies, it's anyone not familiar with generally acceptable public behavior. In the case of kids, it's sort of understandable, they're still getting their social bearings. With adults, it's more difficult to forgive.
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

VanReal

Hehe, willyou are way to young to be the theatre fuddy-duddy:)  And what? Your movie theatres allow you to drink beer?  Or do they all do that now?  I haven't been in a while.....

I like sitting at home and having the pause and rewind.  I think the last time I went someone's baby was crying and that did me in.
In spite of the cost of living, it's still popular. (Kathy Norris)
They say I have ADHD but I think they are full of...oh, look a kitty!! (unknown)

McQ

As long as I've been going to movie theaters, there have been inconsiderate jerks in them. There just seem to be more now, and you really don't see ushers any more, trying to keep them from ruining the experience for the majority of people trying to enjoy the movies.

The cell phone thing is annoying, but no worse than the nitwits who talk out loud during the movie. In the new Trek film I just saw (in my second viewing of it!), there were two obvious Trekkies who were spewing all kinds of verbal vomit right from the start of the movie (Star Trek canon, plot points, yadda-yadda-yadda). Fortunately, they were far from me, and even better, about 1/3 of the way into the film, some guy got out of his seat, walked over to them and very authoritatively, loudly, and menacingly, told them to shut the hell up. LOL!

We clapped.  :D
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Will

Quote from: "VanReal"Hehe, willyou are way to young to be the theatre fuddy-duddy:)  And what? Your movie theatres allow you to drink beer?  Or do they all do that now?  I haven't been in a while.....
Um, no. I'm assuming they smuggled the beer in. It'd be nice if libations were available at the cinema, but I'm afraid the American disposition to become loud and start wars of aggression over natural resources doesn't do well with alcohol, especially when watching a reboot of a classic science fiction series.

I was only a theater fuddy-duddy because I was there with someone.
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

Whitney

Quote from: "McQ"Fortunately, they were far from me, and even better, about 1/3 of the way into the film, some guy got out of his seat, walked over to them and very authoritatively, loudly, and menacingly, told them to shut the hell up. LOL!

We clapped.  :hail: <---for that guy.

You'd think Trekkies would be the ones that would want to shut up so they could actually watch the movie.

karadan

Quote from: "McQ"As long as I've been going to movie theaters, there have been inconsiderate jerks in them. There just seem to be more now, and you really don't see ushers any more, trying to keep them from ruining the experience for the majority of people trying to enjoy the movies.

The cell phone thing is annoying, but no worse than the nitwits who talk out loud during the movie. In the new Trek film I just saw (in my second viewing of it!), there were two obvious Trekkies who were spewing all kinds of verbal vomit right from the start of the movie (Star Trek canon, plot points, yadda-yadda-yadda). Fortunately, they were far from me, and even better, about 1/3 of the way into the film, some guy got out of his seat, walked over to them and very authoritatively, loudly, and menacingly, told them to shut the hell up. LOL!

We clapped.  :) Maybe a few klingons were involved :D

The few trekkies (or is it trekkers?) who've stated how ridiculous the new Star Trek film was have been very vocal. I saw a review on IMDB where the writer was simply beside himself for how unrealistic the concept for Red Matter was. I'd like to ask that person a few questions. Namely, how is an alien space craft talking to whales realistic? How is a race of cyborgs (coincidentally called the BORG) whose sole purpose is to assimilate humanoids whilst saying the mantra 'resistance is futile', realistic? They even had the audacity to hate the time travel theme. Every single series of Star Trek over all incarnations of the show have used time travel as a plot device. If he had his way, he'd have another Janeway reversing the polarity of the quantum di-lithium positronic subcutaneous matrix to get out of another enormous plot hole.
QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.

karadan

Quote from: "Whitney"
Quote from: "McQ"Fortunately, they were far from me, and even better, about 1/3 of the way into the film, some guy got out of his seat, walked over to them and very authoritatively, loudly, and menacingly, told them to shut the hell up. LOL!

We clapped.  :hail: <---for that guy.

You'd think Trekkies would be the ones that would want to shut up so they could actually watch the movie.

I wouldn't put it past them, judging by what some have been saying in reviews, to see the film again because they hated it so much. :)

Don't underestimate the ability for the trumped-up nerd to use 'logic' where necessary.