News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

To The Contrary--PBS

Started by SallyMutant, May 02, 2009, 09:35:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SallyMutant

One of our fave shows on PBS is To The Contrary. It's a panel show of girls discussing eveything. Some panelists are frightening right-wingers and some are stalwart liberals. This week's edition had a segment on how, at least in polls, freethinking, disbelief, what have you, has almost doubled in a decade . My impression from the segment is that the more people who do come out, the more people will come out.
I need these numbers because I'm not totally out professionally; hard to see when and if that's possible in the south.

We know people have household, family nicknames for workaday things in their lives. Our nickname for To The Contrary is "The View With Brains."

:D
There's nothing wrong with ambivalence--is there?

curiosityandthecat

Sounds very British, actually. I'd probably like it.

ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWA! :)
-Curio

MommaSquid

Quote from: "SallyMutant"One of our fave shows on PBS is To The Contrary. It's a panel show of girls discussing eveything.

Girls?   :unsure:

I've never seen the show, but I don't think I'd watch a program with little girls discussing the news.  (Googles "To The Contrary".)  Hmmm.  They look like women to me.  Intelligent, well-educated women.  LIke this one:

QuoteJanice Shaw Crouse is a Senior Fellow at the Beverly LaHaye Institute, the think tank for Concerned Women for America (CWA. She is a recognized authority on domestic issues, the United Nations, cultural, family and women's concerns.

Certainly not a girl.  

http://www.pbs.org/ttc/about_panelists.html

SallyMutant

Sorry to brandish the word "girls" about in such a confusing way! It's just that I so enjoy watching the women and  females on the show that I must have gone all casual /Cyndi Lauper-ish  when I commented. Ellie Holmes Norton IS my girl. (Ellie for Prez, anyone?)

SallyMutant

ehem...
Nomenclature for females/girls/women/wymn/grrrrrlz//ladies/laydees/lasses  aside, any thoughts on the gist of the question?

This week's edition had a segment on how, at least in polls, freethinking, disbelief, what have you, has almost doubled in a decade. My impression from the segment is that the more people who do come out, the more people will come out.
Doubled in the past decade is good hopeful news.